Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, December 3, 2007

First day of new day care

Today is Aidan's first day at the new day care. Since Mrs. K is on vacation and won't be back until the end of the month, she recommend her friend to us. Dropping Aidan off this morning was easy. He went in, saw a bunch of older kids, and then started playing with the Elmo toy. Totally forgot about daddy and mommy, and I was worried he would cry! Where was the separation anxiety when I wanted it (ok, maybe only just a little of that)?

I didn't get to pick him up at the end of the day because of a dentist appointment. Daddy picked him up and obviously he's fine. I was hoping at this new day care, he would speak more as he's the youngest one. At Mrs. K's, he's the oldest kid and has no one to talk to.

I did notice something different this evening when he's home. He was taking his pants off and squatting down! I bet he saw other kids who are potty-trained and tried to copy that. At home, he's already following me into the restroom when mommy had to go. He immediately took the stool, sat down and waited for me. Then he would stand on the stool and wash his hands. I think he's ready for a potty!

Today at bath-time, I only lifted him up and said "pee-pee time" and he immediately peed, even without me dipping his feet into the warm water. I guess it's time for me to do some potty-shopping and reading up on reviews. Maybe by the end of this month, he would be potty-trained! Ahh.. a mommy could dream...

No comments: