Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Happy Birthday to Mommy!

Dear Logan,

It's Mommy's birthday.  Time flies and I sure am getting older, physically and mentally.  I try to stay as mentally young as possible and your brother definitely helps with that.  This year, I did something different.  Instead of just spending my birthday with Daddy and Aidan, I actually had a pre-birthday dinner with my friends.

I met up with a bunch of friends for a nice dinner of Shabu Shabu at One Pot in Cupertino.  This was everyone's  first time coming to this restaurant and it's actually not too bad.  It may not be the perfect location to have a big group, but will probably come back for our small family dinners.  We tried the American Kobe beef and Kurobuta (pork), with tons of veggies and two different soup bases: House Special (organic soy milk & miso) and Sukiyaki. Lovely! I really liked the House Special, while Aidan liked the Sukiyaki.   After dinner, we enjoyed a lovely birthday cake from our usual bakery, Sheng Kee.  Aidan picked out this Mango Mousse Cake and it was super delicious.



On my real birthday, Daddy took us to Maggiano's Little Italy.  Luckily Daddy made a reservation, if not we would have to wait forever.  I couldn't believe how busy it was on a Tuesday night.  I had the best Linguine & Clams with White Clam Sauce, Daddy got the Spaghetti with Meatball and we share an appetizer of crab cakes.  Food is usually pretty good here, and you know how Aidan loves pasta.  Because the decor and atmosphere were so nice and it "felt" upscale, Aidan declared that we're having a "fancy lunch".  The previous week, his school had a "fancy lunch" where they had a candle-lit (LED tealight) lunch and laid tablecloths on their tiny little tables at school.  Therefore, when he saw the little candle on our table, he thought we're having another "fancy lunch".  Just too cute!



After dinner, we're sooooo full.  But we just couldn't resist dessert.  Aidan and I shared a delicious Berry Tiramisu and Daddy had his usual Creme Brulee.  And when we got home, Daddy gave me a birthday present.  It's not really a surprise since I already knew what it is.  It's a family camera!  Now I can learn to take better pictures instead of using the simple point-and-shoot.  The gift was a perfect end to an almost perfect day.  It would be perfect if you were there with us.



Love and Miss you,
Mommy

No comments: