Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Roseola


Finally, the truth is out. It's Roseola aka baby measles. I don't know where he picked that up, but it sure put mommy and daddy in a stressful situation again.

Stressful Situation = 4 days of fever, high and low, another ER visit, 3 phone calls to the Kaiser advice nurse, 2 days of diarrhea and a final visit to the doctor. At the final visit, the doctor finally realized that it might be Roseola and Aidan might get rashes all over his body after the fever is gone. And guess what, rashes all over.

Luckily, the most contagious time was when he's having a fever. Now we just need to wait for the rash to painlessly go away. Aidan has been a trooper during all this. Despite a minor loss of appetite when he was having a fever, he was quite his old self. Happy and running around like nothing happened.

Mommy deals with stress by eating. After the ER visit, I told Hank that I need some ice-cream. And this is so not good for my diet! But I NEEDED some ice-cream! I bet parents out there totally understand how I feel.

No comments: