Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Aidan's School Life

Dear Logan,

I didn't get a chance to give you an update on your brother's little hip condition.  Everything's fine!  He recovered really fast and was back to normal after 2 days.  What a big relief!

Mommy has been very busy with work lately.  Too many things going on and I was going crazy for a while.  This coming week will be another crazy week.  I've been actively looking for a job in the for-profit world, but with a bad economy and so many more qualified candidates out there, I haven't had any luck.  I am really not in a hurry to quit my job, it's just I am mentally and physically tired.  The commute is really getting to me.  Now that your brother's school is in Sunnyvale, I don't have the midway break in Palo Alto anymore.  The traffic down 280 by your place is so bad everyday, sometimes taking 101 is actually faster.

Aidan is enjoying life in his new school.  He is like a little sponge!  He's soaking up all the new words, new ideas, and new discoveries.  I am amazed at the things that they teach to 4-year-olds these days.  He learned about AB color and patterns, Pledge of Allegiance, Book Title and Authors, Earthquake drills, and of course reading and writing.

Aidan has never been an artist.  His art is still no way near the quality of other kids' that I've seen.  However, he has definitely developed a bigger interest in drawing these days.  His favorite thing to draw: Traffic Lights.  He's been drawing pictures of traffic lights and posting them on his bedroom wall.  It's actually really cute.  Of course, I wish he would be drawing cars and airplanes and flowers and trees, but I am happy that he is finally not opposing to drawing.  Took him a while.  His main interests are still in numbers, clocks and calendars.  That's him.  Numbers!

Remember the Spanish number song he sang to you last time?  Yes, he's learning Spanish at school, too.  Hopefully, next year his interest in learning Mandarin will be just as great.


Love you,
Mommy

No comments: