Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve Festivities!

Dear Logan,

We had a very busy Christmas Eve!  In the morning, it's our little annual tradition of gingerbread house decorating.  I think I started this 5 years ago when I was pregnant with your brother.  I remember it was my first time decorating a gingerbread house, and thought it would be fun to make it an annual tradition.  After last year's last minute craziness of looking for the gingerbread house kit, this year I bought mine at Costco once I saw it back in October.  I know it's a little early, but I didn't want to go hunting for it this year. 

Aidan definitely remembered our little tradition.  He woke up and remember today's Christmas Eve and it's gingerbread house day.  He was able to focus more this year, and also more playful in eating the icing and the candies!  Though I have to say, he did a pretty good job in sort of controlling his urge, and in staying on track with what we're doing.  I tried to have him put on all the candies, while I piped the icing.  I tried not to be too  controlling when he messed up, though it was difficult.  But in the end, he did most of it.  I know it's not the prettiest house out there, but I think we did a pretty good job. It's the effort that counts, right? What do you think?




In the evening, we had a lovely dinner at Pasta Pomodoro before heading out to Downtown San Jose for Christmas in the Park.  I think Aidan is enjoying the festivities a little more this year than last.  He was more engaged and had a longer attention span in checking out the display.  He even wanted to get on the the big Ferris Wheel.  He never wanted to try and was always scared, but this time around he wanted to.  Unfortunately, it was getting late and the line was too long, we didn't get on it.  He was so sad and cried.  I felt horrible that we had to leave, but I didn't think he had the energy and patience to wait.  I told him we'll try to come back again by the end of the year, if it doesn't rain.  I even told him we could go on the Mickey Mouse Ferris Wheel when we go to Disneyland.  Hopefully, he would want to get on it.




Speaking of the Ferris Wheel, we saw a few children rides there that were from Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch.  I've heard of it on the news, so when I went there, I seek them out.  And...Ta-Da!  Found them!  I wasn't the only one amazed at that.  I believe the rides were sold to different traveling amusement rides company, and these 3 rides have landed in San Jose.

Tomorrow is Christmas Day and it will definitely be a lot more mellow than today.


Love you,
Mommy

No comments: