Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas to you, my dear!

Dear Logan,

I was so glad that yesterday was not a rainy day.  It's been raining so much the last few weeks that I felt bad I couldn't stop by to visit you.  Thank God, on Christmas Eve, there's no rain!


Just like last year, everywhere was a filled with red flowers when we arrived at your place.  We noticed more little ones reside next to you.  Aidan performed his two Christmas songs for you, and it was nice to bring some holiday cheer to such a sad place.  When we're about to leave, we saw an earthworm climbing on you.  Your brother found that very fascinating.  I told him the earthworm probably heard his singing and wanted to come up to listen to some more.  I also told him that the earthworm would keep you company, so you're not alone.  He then asked me about you.  Why is Logan here? *pointing to you*  I wasn't expecting him to ask that question.  I simply told him that you were very sick, and couldn't come home with us.  But you are at your own place now, and with other children keeping you company. 

I saw a young couple visiting their baby.  I didn't look closely, but I could tell the baby started living close to you not too long ago.  Though the baby's mommy was wearing sunglasses, I could tell that she was sobbing.  The combination of Aidan's question about you, seeing this mom, and the holiday season, brought me great sadness.  I couldn't help but wish you were here with us, just like 2 years ago.  I can't believe this is the second Christmas without you.

We went to Christmas Mass today, and guess who presided?  It's Father Seimas.  After yesterday's sadness, it was nice to see Father Seimas on Christmas Day.  It just felt that he has brought you to us.  Although St. Joseph is not the closest Church to our house, you led us to this parish, and this will be our go-to Church from now on.  I think even Daddy felt that way.

Merry Christmas, my dear.  I wish you were here physically, but I know you are here with us all the time.


Miss you,
Mommy

No comments: