Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I'm going to miss all the mommies!

Dear Logan,

As I recall the conversation I had this afternoon with a fellow mommy at Aidan's school, it dawned on me that the last two years (at CCLC and Monticello), I have met some wonderful parents.  Though I wouldn't call them my friends, everyone has been nice and cordial.  Most of these conversations happened during birthday parties, or the occasional afternoon chats after we pick up our kids. Our kids are old enough to enjoy a jungle gym or bouncy house without us fussing all over them.  So what do parents do then?  We talk.  Our conversations always revolve our kids, the school, their behavior, eating habits, tantrums, etc.  Recently, it's been all about Kindergarten.

Most of Aidan's old friends have started Kindergarten and at different schools.  He will start his Kindergarten on September 6.  It always amazes me that us parents put so much thought into preschools and Kindergarten.  Looking back, I went crazy touring different schools last year, plus researching online, getting feedback from fellow mommies and daddies, and all just for preschools and Kindergarten.  Am I going to go nuts when we start looking for high schools, and god forbid, colleges??  I know some parents are still looking to switch schools after Kindergarten, for various reasons.

Aidan is very excited about Kindergarten, as he is a big boy and going to a big boy school now.  I am not too concerned about him transitioning to a new school again (he's been going to a new school almost every year).  A few of his friends at preschool will be going to the same school and in the same class.  At least I know I will be seeing a couple familiar faces at future birthday parties.

Miss you,
Mommy

No comments: