Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Recap of the Summer - June & July 2011

Dear Logan,

Oh My!  I haven't written to you in two months!  I can't believe I've been putting this off for so long.  I am so sorry.  I don't even remember what I've done the last two months.  I need to take a look at the pictures that I've taken and then give you a run down.

June 19 - Father's Day!  Mommy and Aidan took Daddy to a nice fancy lunch at Parcel 104.  We had a BBQ lunch.  The food tasted OK, though not worth the price.  I figured, this might be a good excuse to visit a fancy restaurant without paying for the full price.




June 23 - We went to our first San Jose Giants game of the season.  Yahoo! was a sponsor for the evening, so they were giving out free tickets to their employees.  Since I purchased a kid membership through Groupon, your brother was able to play the games unlimited times.  He was in the batting cage, and the very nice staff pitched to him instead of using the machine (too fast for him).  We cheered for the Giants, but didn't stay till the end since it's a school night.  We'll be back again in August for another game.



June 26 - We had a playdate with Melanie, Uncle Kyle and Auntie Leonor.  They had free tickets to the San Francisco Zoo and we spent the afternoon there.  I never realized the zoo was so big until you're hanging out with two little kids.  We probably only checked out 1/4 of the zoo, and mainly in the children and petting zoo.



July 2 - We headed to the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk for this super busy July 4th weekend.  It was beautiful and hot!  We spent some time at the beach first, and getting your brother comfortable in walking & playing in the sand.  When we came here two years ago, he wasn't very keen on getting sand in his feet.  After the beach, we were playing games on the boardwalk.  This time around, he was older and was able to get a lot more out of the fun rides and food there.  There were rides he could go by himself, and some that Daddy and Mommy took turns going on with him.  Aidan didn't want to leave at the end of the day.  He said he wanted to come back again.  I bet we'll be back again before the season ends.




July 22 - We headed to Yahoo! Family Fun Day.  They have it every year and we weren't there early enough to take full advantage of the event.  By the time we finished eating, the lines to all games were so long.  Aidan played some games, but wasn't patient enough to wait in line for other more popular attractions.  He did enjoy  free popsicles and ice-creams.




Now that I listed everything down, wow, we had a very busy summer.  Summer is not over yet and we have many more fun things to do.  I hope to go back to Santa Cruz before the season ends, and maybe another SF Giants game, but I doubt it.  I'll keep you posted!

Love you,
Mommy

1 comment:

Egg Mum said...

Looks like fun! I was wondering what happened to your blog. Luckily you're spending all your time having fun (and not working). Hohoho. It's warming up on our end too.