Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The good and maybe the bad?



Let's start with some sorta good Logan updates. As mentioned in my previous post, Logan had to go to SF to get his blood drawn for the DNA test and other blood work. Last time it was unsuccessful, but this time it was smooth and easy! We went up to SF today (or yesterday since it's early in the morning now), and waited for a while to be called. Now I remember why I don't like the lab in SF, it's just too busy.
Same as the other time, Logan fussed and cried before the needles was in his arm. It must be really uncomfortable to him to have that long rubber band tied to his tiny arm. The lab assistant was able to find a good find on the first try and didn't have to waste 30 mins just to locate one. She found it and poked it right it. Voila! Blood came out without any problem. All this time I kept on telling Logan what a good boy he is, and it's all gonna be done real soon. He didn't cry at all. Everything went smoothly and we thanked the lab assistants several times for such a good blood drawn. After we came out, my mom told me that the lab assistant was very nervous herself. My mom saw that after the first tube of blood drawn, the lab assistant's hand started shaking with the second tube, and shook even more with the third. Probably the adrenaline wore off after the initial poke and then she realized how nervous she was, trying to poke a 2-month old. We're just glad it's all over and we only had to stay at Kaiser for an hour (and maybe less).

For the bad part: two of the blood tests results came back really soon. I was able to go online and checked them and realized Logan has a low red blood cell count. Another blood test showed other weird stuff about oxygen and carbon dioxide and Ph which I don't understand. Most of his numbers were NOT within the normal standard range. I was unable to interpret those results. Right now, I'll just have to wait for the pulmonologist to call me to discuss them,or wait till we see her on the 4th. I hope whatever Logan is having is treatable.

To end on a happier note, Aidan had his last day of gym class last Sunday and it was show week. He had a lot of fun at The Little Gym, and we signed up him for another semester in the 3-4 yr old class. I am not sure if he's mature enough to take this class yet as it does not require parent participation and I am not sure how he will be listening instructions to get on the different apparatus. It took him a whole semester to feel slightly comfortable to be on the balance beam and to explore other equipment. However, he LOVES group circle time and is able to follow nearly all of the instructions. New class starts this Saturday and we'll see if this little boy has really grown up. Enjoy the pictures!

No comments: