Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 22, 2009

He's home!

After a 5-night stay at the hospital, Logan is finally home! He was doing a lot better last night, just needed some bulb syringe suctioning, with no desaturation at all. He's sleeping quietly beside me at the moment. We're still very careful about his suctioning. Grandma borrowed a deep suctioning system from her hospital so that we could use it, at least until all the mucous is gone. I can still hear something in his nose or throat. Really gotta suction it all out before he eats later. I am so worried about him that I can't even go to the bathroom! I periodically look at his face to make sure he is still nice and pink, and occasionally make sure he is still breathing. Just doing that is going to make me crazy.

Before his hospitalization, we turned off the lights so that he can distinguish day from night. I guess we have to turn on the light at night again. I fear I can't see his face change if it's so dark. Usually, when he coughs in the middle of the night, I will wake up and prop him up a little. I am not sure if I will be able to get much sleep tonight at all. I hope a few good suctioning would be enough to make him feel comfortable.

No comments: