Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Immunizations.. check!

Dear Logan,

Needles are not our favorite thing. You had so many during your short little life. It always pained me seeing them give you shots and draw your blood. I have grown stronger. I didn't even want to watch them poking you at first. But I've learned that I should be there to support you, while you're the one going through the pain. I'm sad you're not here, but I'm happy you didn't have to go through any of this anymore.

Your brother got his last set of immunizations last week after his 4-year old check up. I was so impressed. When he was little, I wouldn't want to go in with him when he got his first shots. I always had daddy go in, because I hated seeing needles poking into little babies. Then I've gotten stronger and I didn't mind anymore. Just like supporting you, I need to be there for your brother.

When your brother got his last H1N1 shot, he didn't cry at all. That's the first time!! I was so proud of him. Granted, he's always been a strong boy and only cried for 2 seconds when he got his shot. This time, he was prepped, and he knew what to expect. He didn't cry! But when we went in to get his last set of immunizations, he had to have FOUR shots! FOUR!! Poor thing, two shots on each arm. He did SO well for the first two shots and didn't cry. But when the 3rd and 4th ones came (which were more painful than the first two), he couldn't help but cry. I felt so bad for him. He was prepared to be strong. He was prepared to make Mommy proud. But they were too darn painful!

Mommy told him, I was still very proud of him. I am always prepared to have some kind of little treats afterwards. After his treats he's fine, and happily forgot about the pain. He has grown up so much. When I look back at his baby pictures, I couldn't imagine he was so cute and little then. Time sure does fly. Sooner or later, Mommy would be an embarrassment and he wouldn't kiss me first thing in the morning anymore.


Miss you,
Mommy

No comments: