Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 14, 2010

March for Babies

Dear Logan,

It's that time of the year again. It's time to get ready for the March for Babies Walk in April. This is such a bittersweet event. Last year when I walked, it was a week after your passing. I debated whether to do it, or just donate all the money that we received. When I decided to walk, I never in a million years expected you not to be around anymore. But God has other plans. Instead of walking in Honor of you, I walked in Memory of you.

This year, I am walking In Memory of you again. The event, once again happens almost a week after your anniversary. I really can't think of a more time-appropriate and meaningful way to remember you, than to do this walk. A little different this year is that I am walking as Team The Arc of San Francisco, instead of Team Logan The Lobster. Last year, my friends at work organized a walk themselves because of you. This year, I think I am going to organize it to get my clients involved in such a meaningful cause again. I don't know what the turnout would be, since I don't work in the SF office and is kind of difficult to get my co-workers and clients to get all excited about this event. But either way, even if there's only one other client walking, I will be doing it.

Since we moved down to Sunnyvale, we will have to get up really early this year to get to the event by 9 a.m. I am still not sure if I will be bringing your brother or Daddy with me. I am pretty sure I will since we're doing this for you. I have set my monetary goal a little smaller this year. Last year, unexpectedly, we received overwhelming support from our friends and families. I think it was because of your passing, and people really were moved and touched by all that we have gone through. This year, it might be a little different, though I have already received generous donations from my friends already. I am pretty sure I will reach my goal, as both Daddy and Mommy will donate to the cause ourselves, and should pretty much be able to reach our $500 goal.

Will you be walking with us in spirit? I bet you will!


Miss you,
Mommy

No comments: