Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, April 12, 2010

Brining back memories...

Dear Logan,

Just a few more days will be your anniversary.  I can't believe a year has almost passed.  I still remember clearly the last few weeks of your life.  I took Thursday off, but aside from visiting you, I think I am going to get my hair chopped off, and donate it to Locks of Love.  I figure I should do something meaningful in memory of you.  I have yet to find a place who has cut hair for Locks of Love, if not, I'll just tell them what needs to be done.

Yesterday, I took your brother to The Tech Museum in San Jose.  On our way out while waiting for Daddy to come pick us up, I ran into Nurse Julie.  Nurse Julie was one of the nice nurses at Kaiser PICU that has taken care of you.  When I first saw her, I immediately recognized her, but didn't say hi, worried she might not remember me.  Then our gaze met and she actually remembered me, and my name, too.  What a coincidence, especially when it's so close to your anniversary.  I haven't met anyone from Kaiser since your passing, though I've been to Kaiser a few times since.

Nurse Julie was your admitting nurse both times you were transported from the S. SF ER to the PICU in Santa Clara.  She was the one that took care of you when you spent your last day on earth.  I trusted her in taking good care of you, wrapping you in a blanket, and keeping you company, when Daddy and Mommy could no longer physically spend time and hold you anymore.

Seeing her again, and writing this letter to you brought, back all these memories.


Miss you so much,
Mommy

No comments: