Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

Dear Logan,

Our visit to see you today was short, as we're rushing and it was freezing cold. I didn't get a chance to tell you how our Easter weekend has been. I do hope you like the basket of eggs that I left for you. Tomorrow is "Ching Ming" and I might not be able to come see you again. The weather forecast said it's going to be raining all day. You know how I feel about the rain *ack*.


Yesterday, we met up with Meli, Uncle Kyle and Auntie Leonor for the Easter Egg Hunt in Campbell. This year, your brother was able to hunt down the eggs and candies all by himself without us helping him. Compared to last year, this one is definitely less chaotic, and the parents were not as competitive as the ones in San Mateo. I was actually prepared that your brother might not get any eggs, and I brought extra ones, just in case. I guess he's old enough to enjoy the egg hunt a lot more this year. Afterwards, your brother got into the Spiderman bouncy house and was able to play for 5-10 mins before they closed down everything.



We then hung out at Santana Row for a while. Aidan and Meli ran around and played in the little play area, while us adults got to chat a little bit. We had a delicious lunch at Maggiano's. I haven't had such a wonderful meal in a long time. So glad Daddy suggested us to go back to Santana Row instead of staying in Campbell. After lunch, the kids wanted to play some more and we didn't leave until around 3 p.m. It was a lovely Saturday.


As for today, after we visited you, we went to Church. We went to your church, and it was packed with people. Later in the afternoon, we headed to Uncle Paul and Auntie Rachel's house for an early Easter dinner. There were so much food and I am still very full. We had spiral ham, lamb, quiche, crab legs, potatoes, salad, dinner rolls (which your brother loved and had 2.5 of those), and of course desserts such as ice-cream cake, cheesecakes and cookies. It was a wonderful dinner spent with friends.

This Easter was different from last. I remember last year we visited you at the hospital. I was able to hold you even though you're still on the ventilator. Not knowing you would be leaving us so soon, we happily took a family picture. I remember Uncle Kyle and Auntie Leonor sent us a lovely Edible Fruit arrangement basket for Easter. So much has changed within this year.

11 more days marks your anniversary of leaving us. I still don't know what I would do on that day.


Miss you so much,
Mommy

1 comment:

Egg Mum said...

The bunny in the photo looks vicious!! And you even secretly took extra eggs in case Aidan didn't manage to hunt for any... haha... what a thoughtful mum!
It's raining through our entire Easter period here in Sydney. Stuck at home most of the holiday. *Sigh*
Cheers, Evelyn