Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Just can't get away from Kaiser

Dear Logan,

I spent all morning yesterday running around at Kaiser like a crazy woman.  First of all, I had an appointment with my new PCP.  Then, I headed over to the lab thinking I should get all the blood tests done, but wasn't able to do so as I had to fast for 12 hrs first.  Doh!  I then went over to Pediatrics to drop off the school forms for your brother's pediatrician to sign.  Next, I went over to the Optometry department to set up an appointment for a future check-up in regards to the allergies in my eyes.  It's so troublesome that because of insurance policies and to lower my cost, I had to bounce between my regular optometrist and the Kaiser one.  I couldn't wear my usual contacts still because the little bumps under my eyelids came back after I started wearing again.  I have to continue with my eye drop treatment, then see the Kaiser optometrist to see if I am cleared to try out these new 1-Day contacts that my other optometrist gave me.  Hopefully, I am only allergic to this one brand of contact lenses and not all.  I can't stand wearing my eyeglasses all the time, and can't afford Lasik at the moment.

Anyways, after scheduling an appointment at the Optometry department, I headed over to Ob/Gyn to schedule an appointment.  I was lucky enough to get an appointment an hour later, so I just sat and waited.  Thank god for my phone, if not I would have been bored to death waiting for that hour.  Actually, I was seen within the hour.

Both the PCP and OB/GYN are new, and they both seemed nice.  Even though I've been with Kaiser for 11 years, I never developed any relationships with my doctors.  I guess the most that I've seen was my last Ob/Gyn, since I had two pregnancies.  But starting off with new doctors, also meant that I had to tell them all about my history, esp. in regards to you and my genetic tests results.

Most of the time when talking about you, I would be fine.  But yesterday when I had to talk to my doctors about you again, I got choked up and had to hold back my tears.  I'm not over it yet.  It still hurts deep down.  It doesn't help that everything happened at this particular Kaiser, and our family would be going to for a while, unless we change our medical insurance.

My Kaiser trips are not over yet.  I went back this afternoon for a little lecture on Snoring and Obstructive Sleeping Disorder.  Of course, this also brought back memories of the time we spent at the Sleep clinic where you were hooked up to all these monitors.  I have opted to try out the take-home sleep study to see how bad my sleep apnea is.  So, I'll be back to Kaiser for at least 2 more trips before my vacation is over.


Miss you,
Mommy

No comments: