Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, September 28, 2009

Day 2: Texas Trip - The Wiggly Play Center!

Hello Sweetheart,

Going to The Wiggly Play Center was something that I absolutely wanted to do during this trip. It's not about site seeing, or eating at fancy restaurants (though I do want to check out Tim Love's restaurant, Lonesome Dove). I think we're more obsessed with The Wiggles! I am still pissed that I missed them when they're in the Bay Area.

Since my friend Judy told me about The Wiggly Play Center in the Dallas area, I've been researching and wanted to check it out. It boasts that it's the only indoor Wiggles-themed play center in the United States! Of course we'll have to go check it out! We're in the area! It's only 20 mins away from our hotel, in Frisco, TX.



So, on our second day, we headed out to hunt down this play center. It was easy to find, and we got there just a little past 10 a.m., when they opened. There was a Wiggles bounce house, a play structure with different slides and obstacle course, many TVs showing The Wiggles, a big screen tv, a cafe, tables and chairs for rest and seating, and a few other token-operated games. I printed out a couple online and it only cost us less than $6.50 (adults are free). We spent a good 2 hours there, and your brother had a lot of fun. I guess the highlight was towards the end when Wags the Dog showed up, and was dancing with the kids for 4 songs. Your brother was dancing and singing, and he definitely knew the lyrics and the dance. I had several clips of the songs, and just had to upload them so that I could show you. Even I had a lot of fun!




Since we went on a Friday, most of the kids there were younger kids who seem to stay at home with their mommies. I think your brother might be one of the older ones there, and Daddy was definitely the only daddy around. At the end, we bought a couple T-shirts, a hat and a Captain Feathersword sword. Those are souvenirs from this trip.



We then went for some bbq (gotta have meat in Texas), went back to the hotel to rest for a little while before the wedding rehearsal in the afternoon. Your brother really didn't nap much during this whole trip.



When we got to the Church for the rehearsal, I had to keep him busy by letting him watch movies on the Ipod Touch. He had to be there because he's the ring bearer, but his part of the rehearsal probably only took 2 minutes. He was paired up with a very pretty and cute flower girl though. They became fast friends, and also with the girls two older brothers.



It was a great day!

To be continued....



Love,
Mommy

No comments: