Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, September 4, 2009

Origami Lilies

Dear Logan,

Mommy finally went to Daiso today and bought origami papers to make flowers for you. I bought two different types: regular, patterned, colored papers, and plasticy, clear, poly ones. The patterend ones are really nice and they made great flowers. However, I am still worried about them getting all wet when the gardener watered the grass. So, I bought the other type, hoping that would work better. However, they don't look as nice and are somewhat difficult to be folded. I think I will stick with the nicer ones. I have yet to go to Michael's to get materials for the stem of the flowers. It won't take me long to make you a dozen lilies, as I can make them while watching tv.

Your big brother's school is closed today for Staff Development. So, I took the day off and spent time with him. We hung out at home most of the morning, had a leisure, lazy breakfast of peanut butter and jelly sandwich, then laid down in bed and read some books. We then headed over to the park/playground for a while, until your brother's allergies were really acting up. For lunch, I brought him to my workplace and ate with my co-workers. They were all very delighted to see your brother, esp. it's been a while since they last saw him. Now that I work in the Daly City office, and Aidan's school is in Palo Alto, it is dificult to bring him in for a visit to the SF office. It was after our visit at work that we went to Daiso to buy the origami papers. Your brother came home and napped for 2.5 hrs. That's why he's still awake in his bed for the last 40 mins! Daddy, on the other hand, has already fallen asleep after putting in many hours of work. Daddy has been working a lot for the last couple weeks.

Mommy read from other grieving parent blogs that another mother has lost her 3rd baby. It's such a sad story. Three babies, and they were all dead. Losing one child is devastating enough already. I don't want to imagine or know what it's like to lose more than one, let alone three. Logan, if you're up in heaven and see little baby Jet, please welcome him with open arms. Pray that his family will recover soon from such devastation.

It's a long weekend for us. We'll come visit you soon, and Mommy will bring you a nice bouquet of handmade origami lilies.


Love you,
Mommy

No comments: