Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Happy 10 months old, Sweetheart!

Hello Logan,

It's the 16th, and the 15th has just passed. Another month has gone. It really doesn't feel any easier. I received mail from the Donor Services of the Musculoskeletal Transplant Foundation today. It always reminds me that you're not here anymore. This time, a newsletter was included and I found this poem written by a donor mom, Reecie Miller, who has also lost her child.


If I had Just One More Day!

I remember watching you sleep at night,
Praying the angels would guard you tight.
I hoped and dreamed for your life to be,
Filled with more than my eyes could see.

I had no idea
That we had few moments to share,
That you would leave my arms
And return to God's care!

How my heart aches to hold you once more,
To hear you say, "Mama"
And watch you run to the door.

If God would grant me
Just one more day with you,
These are the things
I would want us to do!

I would gently wake you up
And run my fingers through your hair,
Whispering, "Good morning, handsome,
Mommy's right here!"

We would play peek-a-boo
With the sheets.
Then I'd kiss you all over
And pinch your sweet cheeks!

We'd go swimming in the pool
Like we always would do,
But today we'd stay a little longer
A little longer than we should!

I would let you run through the house naked
And I would laugh while you ran.
Then I would pick you back up
And want to do it all again!

Life is too short to worry
About all the small things.
Time is way more precious
More precious than it seems!


Love & Miss you so much,

Mommy

1 comment:

Egg Mum said...

Ah well... talking about running around the house naked. EggEgg just did that the other day, and after getting a bit dizzy at the 10th lap, he knocked his head into my face. My cheeks are bruised and hurt even till now!!

He has scraped his face, cut his lips, knocked my face, something new everyday. Boys!!

Does your DanDan hurt himself often too?

Cheers, Evelyn