Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Origami Flowers

Hello Logan,

Mommy had an idea. Instead of buying fresh flowers for you each time, I could make origami flowers instead. I used to know how to make Lilies, but I am sure I can refresh my memory by watching the hundreds of YouTube clips like this one below.



Paper flowers might not smell as nice, but they are made by Mommy. Besides, they are cheaper and can last longer. I was thinking, I could even use the drawings and paintings that your brother brought home from school, and make flowers out of them. Then they will be presents from me and him. Usually I just threw his artwork away after I scanned them anyway.

What do you think? I think I am going to go do some shopping tomorrow and make you some!


Love you,
Mommy


p.s. Oh wait..but if they water the grass, then the flowers will all get wet. Mm...maybe I should use the foil type paper, or maybe the bright sun will dry the paper flowers and they will remain standing? I gotta try it out!

1 comment:

Egg Mum said...

Folding flowers is a wonderful idea! You can fold a flower for Logan everytime you think of him, at work, at home. You'll be amazed at the amount of flowers you've folded!

What about putting the paper flowers inside a jar, it'll be all pretty and water proof. (This just popped into my mine, coz we switched to Moccona coffee yesterday just to get more of its pretty jars. I stuffed loads of home-made kimchi and it looked temptingly pretty.)