Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Don't let them take the pinwheels away!

Hello Logan,

Sorry about the quick visit today. My client's meeting ran overtime and I was in a hurry to pick up your brother from school, so I couldn't stay for long. I was able to retrieve the pinwheels from your door, and brought them to my car. I don't want the gardeners to take them away again. One of the reasons why I wanted to visit you today is to see if any other parents have taken away decorations left at other kids' places. When we come to visit you, we always see some kids have all these flowers, statues, balloons, pinwheels, and toys, and I always wonder if the parents come by every Wednesday to collect them before the mowing on Thursday. When I stopped by today at around 5:30 p.m., I still saw all the stuff around. Do the parents come later in the evening or early Thursday before the mowing begins, or do the gardeners not take away their things? I wonder! Remember last time Mommy left some pinwheels by your door and they took them away? I wonder if they do that to the other kids as well. We have never run into any parents when we visit you, so I was unable to ask. One time I thought I spotted a parent, but when I asked the man, he was just a friend visiting. The mystery!

Your brother has been doing very well with potty-training. He only had 2 daytime accidents so far, once at the San Mateo County Festival, and once at school. Now we're working on staying dry during naptime. He's going to graduate from the Jellyfish room to the Sea Otter room next month! That's the preschool class where all kids are potty-trained. Most of your brother's original classmates have graduated to that class already, including his best friend. I don't think your brother misses any of those friends (they still see each other quite a lot at the playground). But it would be nice to encourage him to use the potty more often, so that he can be in the big boy's class. Transition period will be from Sept 1-3. He will spend a few hours a day in the Sea Otter room. I don't forsee any problems, especially, he already knows the Head Teacher in that class. The Head Teacher was actually one of his teachers when Aidan first started preschool. This is going to be exciting!

Mommy might bring Aidan to come see you this weekend. Unfortunately, Daddy is on-call this week and has to be home all weekend.


Love you,
Mommy

No comments: