Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Babies are in the air...

Hi Logan,

Sorry Mommy hasn't been writing to you regularly. Work has been busy, esp. one of my staff is leaving next week, when I am already short-staff to begin with!

We came back from dim sum with some uncles and aunties. It was nice to see our friends again. Sometimes you get so caught up with family life that I don't make enough time for my friends. Daddy gets to see his friends at work, but Mommy has to make an effort to see them. We used to do dim sum about once a month, but it's been a while.

Remember Auntie Beverly is pregnant with twins? She's having twin girls! And then I found out that Auntie Melissa is pregnant with a baby girl as well. Talk about babies in the air! More and more of Mommy's friends are pregnant these days. I think it's because we're at that age. We passed the wedding phase, now it's the baby stage. Daddy is so jealous and really wants a baby girl. I wonder if a god-daughter will satisfy him. It was nice to see my mommy friends and talk about babies and pregnancy. I guess at one point, we ladies were so busy talking, the others were bored out of their minds. Oopsie! I guess we just need to make time to hang out more often, just the girls! Maybe a spa day with the girls....but then, we're trying to save money.

We're going to the San Mateo County Fair later today, after your brother got up from his nap. Daddy got free tickets from work. Now that it's summer, there are many fairs going on. Nice to be out in the sun.

The other day, Mommy was at Seton Medical Center to visit some clients who're volunteering, and to take one to see a doctor. When passing by the ICU and CCU, I couldn't help but think of our stay at Kaiser. I also noticed that Kaiser is a much nicer hospital. Probably because Kaiser is purely private, and Seton probably gets funding from the government. I hate going back to hospitals because of what we have gone through. But unfortunately, I can't help it, and we'll be seeing Kaiser more often when we move down south. I wonder if this feeling will ever go away.

Seeing babies and hearing news of babies make me miss you even more. Today is the 15th, that means you have left us for 4 months now. And of course, tomorrow you would have been 9 months old. We'll come see you tomorrow and maybe bring you a pinwheel. I could probably swing by your place next Wednesday to retrieve the pinwheel before mowing day. So, we'll see you tomorrow, ok?


Miss you,
Mommy

No comments: