Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 9, 2009

A nice weekend of fun and car wash


Hi Logan,

Did you enjoy the beautiful weekend that we had? Such lovely weather, even in San Francisco. Mommy is really enjoying this weather, not too hot, not too cold. I just wish it'll last.

We spent Saturday on a playdate with your cousins Quincy and Ruby. You didn't get a chance to meet them, and your Uncle Eugene and Granduncle and aunt. Granduncle and aunt are visiting from Vegas, so we met up at the Exploratorium. You know what, it was you that actually brought us together. When you were sick, Granduncle was very supportive of us. He gave us valuable information and his expertise as a retired pediatrician. I was glad that you brought us closer together, just wish it was under better circumstances. We had a great time at the Exploratorium. It's your brother's first visit, and it's been a long time since I was there. We only checked out maybe 1/3 of the exhibits. Definitely need to visit again. Your brother didn't have much interaction with your cousins at the museum. However, during lunchtime, Quincy and Ruby were nice enough to show him their little Leapster video game system. I got to see your brother being patient and polite. I was proud to see that he definitely has matured. From the little that I've seen, I think Aidan likes hanging out with Quincy, since he's older. Or perhaps he just wants to play with the game.

Sunday was just a simple family day. We went to Church, playground, and lunch. Perfect weather for some playground fun. Today, I intentionally didn't remind your brother to use the potty as often. I wanted to see if he would go by himself. I am pleased to announce that he did initiate a few times. I even let him nap in his underwear (with extra blankets on his bed), with no pull-up. No accident!! I just had to make sure he used the potty before he went to bed.

One thing interesting that happened today was when we went to the car wash. Your brother was TERRIFIED of it. Last time he went was probably 6 months ago, and he was scared. Ever since that one time, he refused to go. When we told him we're going for a car wash, he immediately said no. While lining up to get in, he was already holding onto me and started tearing up. I explained to him that the car is getting a shower. Step-by-step, I explained how it's similar to when I was washing his hair, scratching his hair (like those massive spinning thingy), and rinsing off the soap. I reassured him that water would not get into the car and it wouldn't hurt him. He was still unsure. Once we got into the car wash, I explained everything again. With each step, I refer back how he took a shower. I even told him that Lightning McQueen gets a car wash too, and the spinning brushes were like McQueen's massage inside Mack the truck. I told him it's like brushing his teeth. I touched the window to show him that it's not wet and water couldn't get in. He was anxious, but he didn't cry. I think he accepted and believed my explanation. Whew...we got through it.

The weekend is over. Mommy has to get back to work again. It seems like it'll be warm and sunny for the next few days. Thank goodness, I am tired of the fog in Daly City.


Love you,
Mommy

No comments: