Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, November 16, 2009

Happy One Year Old, My Little Red Lobster!

Dear Logan,


You would have turned one year old today. I can't imagine it's been a year already. I still remember clearly the day you're born, without refreshing my memory by reading my blog. I am not sure if I would be able to remember everything next year.




Sorry I was unable to visit you today. I thought about taking the day off from work. But then, what am I going to do all day? I think I am more productive at work, instead of dwelling in sorrow. It's best if we could celebrate your birthday as a family, and not just me visiting you. That's why we chose to see you yesterday instead. I hope you're not angry with me. I've never forgotten you, not even a day.



I do hope you enjoy your presents and birthday cupcakes that we brought you. Mommy's not a talented baker (or a baker or cook), so I didn't really bake the pumpkin spice cupcakes from scratch. I used the Trader Joe's cake mix, and got some store bought frosting. Daddy and I baked them on Saturday night after your big brother went to bed. I was happy to say that the cupcakes turned out pretty good.




We also bought you a Mickey Mouse "Happy Birthday" balloon. Your big brother picked that one out for you. Did you see the two little airplanes? Dear Auntie Judy from Texas sent them to me a couple days ago. She said they are presents from your little friends, Kevin and Alan. She wished the planes would soar with your spirit at your new home. Receiving such thoughtful gifts brought tears to my eyes. When we visited you, the pumpkins and Halloween decorations were still there. Actually, for the month of November, they would not be clearing presents and flowers because of the different holidays. First week of Nov is All Souls Day; Second Week is Veteran's Day; Third week is your birthday; and Fourth week is Thanksgiving. I am happy that the decorations could stay longer and won't be cleared every week. That's why I chose to get you potted flowers, instead of just a bouquet. The potted flowers would surely last longer, and they were such beautiful Fall colors.





I know it was weird that I kept on taking pictures at your home. According to Chinese traditions, it's a big No-No. But how can we not take a family picture on your birthday? Besides, this is how I can document everything, with words and pictures. Mommy also received a nice email from Auntie Ta Ta in Hong Kong. Even though she has never met you, she has read all about you. She knew it's your birthday today and wanted Mommy to give you big hugs and kisses. She wanted you to know that she loves you. Actually, many of Mommy's friends all miss you. They all felt like they've known you all your life.

Logan, you're loved by many. Though your life on earth was short and painful, it was definitely filled with love.


Love and Miss You,
Mommy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the informative information - I enjoyed reading it! I always enjoy this blog. :) Cheers, [url=http://video-clips-of-women-giving-birth.com]video-clips-of-women-giving-birth.com[/url]

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.