Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Recap: Aidan's 4th Birthday Party

Dear Logan,

It's been almost two weeks since your brother's birthday party. When I came to visit you last weekend, I kinda mentioned to you a little about it. I had your brother tell you what he did for his birthday. Do you remember what he said? He said bouncy house. That's right, we had his birthday party at BounceU in San Carlos, and had a LOT of fun. I think all the kids had a lot of fun. Well, *I* had a lot of fun playing with the kids.

We invited all of your brother's friends from school, and I was happy that half of them came, including his two best friends, Jia Jia and Kiana. I also invited my friends' children as well. All in all, I think we had about 17-20 kids there. We first went into a big noisy room with bouncy houses and slides, and play structures. Your brother went right in and disappeared in the midst of the play structure. His friends all slowly arrived, and in no time, all the kids were either sliding down or bouncing up and down. One thing great about this place is, adults could join in the fun. Well, I joined in the fun. I had a lot of fun sliding down the inflatable structure, did some crowd control to minimize the kids bumping into each other, and encouraged the kids to play. A few were shy in the beginning, but after that, they didn't want to leave. The younger toddlers were able to hang out in a safer bouncy structure with their parents, so the older ones couldn't bump into them.

After 40 mins, we were moved into another room with more play structure. This time, there were air hockey, baseball hitting and alley ball. Your brother LOVES balls. I think he spent most of his time in this room trying to throw the plastic ball into the baseball screen, and playing alley ball. Alley ball has got to be his favorite carnival game. Another 40 mins of fun passed, and now it's time for food.

Nothing fancy, just good ole American party food - pizzas and cake. I originally wanted to get your brother a cake with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse characters on a choo choo train. He actually requested it. However, they didn't have that design, and I had to settle with Lightning McQueen and Mater the Truck. He still liked the cake. I didn't think the kids, or the parents ate that much. We had 3 whole pizzas left and 1/4 of the cake. The kids were just thinking about going back into the rooms to play some more. I felt kinda bad that I had to tell Aidan's little friends that we couldn't go back in there anymore. I guess it also showed we had a successful party, and the kids had a lot of fun. In fact, the following week, parents kept on telling me their children had a lot of fun at the party. I am not sure if they're just pulling my leg or not, but I truly believe it was a fun party. I guess the LARGE amount of money that I spent on this party is worth it, right?

I haven't posted any pictures of the birthday party yet. I took some pictures but they weren't too good. I am waiting for Uncle John to give me the pictures that he took. I had asked him to help me out to be the photographer of the day, because I knew I wouldn't have time to do so. Once I got the pictures, I'll post them up for you to see, ok? Your brother also received a lot of presents. Everyone was so generous. Some of the presents will remain untouched for a while. I don't have to buy him any new toys for the rest of the year.

Speaking of your brother's birthday party, you were at his last birthday party. It was also the first time a lot of our friends met you. You were so little then, only 2 months old. But you were very alert, and very well-behaved during the whole time. I remember we bundled you up so much that you were all sweaty. Grandma, Ah Gung and Ah Po were keeping you company, while I was busy taking pictures that day. So much has changed in a year. Now you're only able to watch us from Heaven.


Miss you,
Mommy

No comments: