Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Goodybe, CCLC....it's been a pleasure knowing you.

Dear Logan,

Yesterday marked the last day of school at CCLC for your brother.  Another chapter of his life has closed, but that only means another chapter is about to open.  Even though Aidan has only been to CCLC for 18 months, he has grown and learned, and made many new friends.  I remember the day when we visited CCLC, and I even brought you with me.  I remember I had you in my arms, while carrying a backpack with your oxygen tank.  I must have scared a few teachers along the way.

There were ups and downs during your brother's short stay.  The main event had to be when the teachers and Director of the program recommended your brother to be tested for Autism.  It's not the worst news of the world, as you know I've HAD the worst news before, but it's still devastating.  We went through testing through Kaiser, and of course your brother was fine.  He was just being a 3-year old boy.

Fast forward to today.  He's 4.5 and will be onto the next journey to a new school in September.  He has made so many new friends, been to so many birthday parties, given the opportunities to explore and learn.  I am going to think of the positive of the ridiculous staff turnover at school, and think of it as a learning opportunity for Aidan to learn from each teacher he has the pleasure to work with.  He loves school.  Most of the time when I pick him up from school, he wouldn't want to go, but to continue playing with his friends.  I have seen him mature, especially within the last few weeks.  Instead of being a monkey and running around, riding his tricycle or swinging on the play structure, he's been sitting down quietly playing tic-tac-toe, writing, or doing some quiet activities in the afternoon.

I sure wish Aidan would love school as much as he does at his new school, and for the rest of his life.

Love,
Mommy

No comments: