Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Is it already time to say goodbye to naps?

Dear Logan,

Ever since last month's vacation, your brother's afternoon nap schedule has been way off.  There were days when he would nap from 3-5:30 p.m. (with me waking him up) and then he wouldn't sleep at night until close to 11 p.m.  Those nights totally drove me crazy.  On days that he didn't nap, our evenings were horrible.  He would be especially hard to deal with, and wouldn't listen to me or Daddy.  Those evenings usually coincided with our dinnertime, and that meal turned out to be pretty unpleasant at times.

This past week, he only napped today.  He almost napped on Monday on our way back from Happy Hollow, but because the ride was only 20 mins, he didn't start falling asleep until we almost arrived home.  By the time I stopped the car and got him inside the house, he's wide awake enough to get on my computer to watch videos.

He definitely didn't sleep on his first three days of school.  No surprise there.  Naps start at 1 p.m., and it's a little too early for him, though it's the same schedule as his old school.  At his old school, it took the magic touch of a particular teacher to get him to sleep.  Luckily I was able to get him to bed before 9 p.m., so he had at least 10 hours of sleep at night.


Afternoon naps are a break for Daddy and Mommy on the weekends.  Although he slept today, I am pretty sure he's just about to grow out of his naps.  I was hoping he can wait for another year or so, and just cut that nap when he goes to Kindergarten next year.  I guess no such luck.  All I wish is for his crankiness and disobedience to go away on days that he does not nap.


Love you,
Mommy

No comments: