Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Not as bad a visit

Dear Logan,

Both Daddy and I thought that after last visit to see you, your brother might be aware that where you live might not be the happiest place on earth.  We've slowly seen him wanting to stay shorter and shorter.  And after last time's heart-breaking visit, we were worried that he wouldn't want to visit you anymore.

However, when I mentioned that we would be seeing you today, he happily said "yes" and said "I like Logan". What a sigh of relief.  He always likes to help me scrub your door and help me with your flowers.  He's really growing up to be a little helper.  So, whenever I went to get you flowers, I would let him pick out the flowers.  He always accompanies me and helps with getting water while I trim the flowers. 

The plan worked well today as well.  We went to Costco and he picked out the sunflowers for you.  Then he poured water into your door while I scrubbed it clean.  He sang you the number song that he learned at his new school, while I praised him for being a good, big boy.  It was a great visit.

I'm still glad that he hasn't asked the difficult questions about you yet.  I'm not sure how much longer I can avoid such questions, but for now, we'll keep our routine to have your big brother help me out as much as possible.  I don't want him to associate visiting you as a sad experience.


Miss you,
Mommy

1 comment:

Egg Mum said...

Aidan is such a lovely boy. Singing and dancing for his little bro, cleaning and giving mummy a big hand. So sweet!