Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Thinking of you

Dear Logan,

I was at Kaiser again this afternoon.  Saturdays are definitely a lot quieter than a weekday.

Ever since I left the hospital wing over a year ago, I don't believe I've stepped foot into that area again.  Yes, I've been to many doctor's visits recently, but they are all at the medical offices building.  The hospital building and the medical offices building are actually attached to each other.  It's really easy to just go back to those familiar elevators.

As I was walking through the hallway towards the Optometry department, I could see through the glass window/wall lined along the way into the hospital wing across the courtyard.  Because it was such a quiet day, I couldn't help by slow down my pace, and take in the view and the silence.  My thoughts just drifted back to you and the time we spent there.  I could see the hospital side clearly.  I didn't stop and ponder, but slowly walked to where I needed to go.  It was just a few brief seconds, but it made an impact.

Miss you,
Mommy

No comments: