Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Can't see Logan today because Mommy is sick

I caught a cold and because Aidan is not going to daycare today, I didn't see Logan. This is the first day since his birth that I haven't seen or touched him. It's sad but it's for the better. I don't want to get Logan sick esp. when he has trouble breathing, and I don't want to get all the babies and staff sick either.

I called the nursery to let the nurse know that I am sick and I won't be coming in. She told me that Logan has gained 2 ounces! Because of the change in feeding, he has gained weight. There were feedings when he didn't need the tube, but there were a few when he didn't take in all the milk and needed the tube. Either way, gaining weight is a good day. Maybe in a few days he would be eating so well and gaining weight that he won't need the feeding tube when he comes home. The nurse also checked in with the doctor that my parents could come in to see Logan when I am sick for the next few days (usually a parent has to be present). The doctor was supposed to call me to give me updates on Logan since I couldn't make it to the hospital today. Well, didn't get a call from him. In a way, that means there isn't any bad news. On the other hand, I got a call from a surgeon who wanted to check-in to see if we have decided whether to proceed with the gastrotomy. I told her that for the time being, we prefer the feeding tube as every surgery comes with risks and we just couldn't see our little baby having a surgery so soon. I did get some more info on the procedure and told her if needed in the future, we might reconsider. At this point, I am hoping Logan won't need the feeding tube for a very long time (and hopefully not at all).

No comments: