Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Tuesday, Dec 16 is the day!

I've been sick the last few days and was unable to hold Logan. I am feeling a little better today and I am going to give it another day to get better. When I go to see Logan on Saturday, I am going to hold him again. Yesterday and today, I could only see him from a far, maybe touch his head or tickle his toes a little. My parents have been staying with him and feeding him, while I hung out in the waiting area.

Logan has been steadily gaining weight. Gained 2 oz on Tuesdays and another 15 grams yesterday. He's at 7 lbs 11 oz now. He still has to rely on the feeding tube a couple feedings a day. He's still taking his sweet time during his feedings, but at least he's gaining weight. He's still not as alert and has low muscle tone, compared to other full-term babies. Doctors might want to do more tests to find out why. Maybe some very rare illness? I don't know. I just want him to get better and I don't even care what causes all this anymore. After being discharged, he already had appointments set-up with his pediatrician, pulmonologist and neurologist.

Yesterday I met with the Patient Care coordinator to finalize some details on the equipment that we're renting and will be bringing home. The apnea monitor and oxygen rental will cost us $77/month, the tubing and syringes will cost us $60/month. Can you imagine how much that will be if we don't have insurance? Hopefully, we only need the equipment for a month or two and then Logan can get all better! Apria will deliver the apnea monitor and the portable oxygen to the hospital tomorrow so that we get a few days to learn how to use it. Then they will deliver the stationary oxygen to our house on Monday before Logan's return on Tuesday. I am not has shakened as a few days ago after learning Logan has to come home with all these things. With me not spending time with Logan because of my illness, I can actually focus on the logistics of what need to be prepared before Tuesday.

I've been making different phone calls (register for Infant CPR class, double-check on insurance info), window-shopping for a crib, more Amazon shopping (gotta love online shopping with free 2-day shipping), figuring out where Aidan and Logan will sleep, and preparing Aidan for his little brother. Yesterday I finally had a little chat with Aidan about his little brother. Today, I showed him pictures of Logan. I don't think he quite understand there will be a baby soon moving into his room and sharing his parents' love and attention. I have a feeling he'll be indifferent to the baby, until bedtime when he wants me to sleep with him and not hold the baby.

Countdown to December 16 has started. December 16 is also when Logan turns one month old. I can't believe he would have spent the first month of his live at ICU.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! That's great that Logan can finally come home and have Christmas at home! I'm glad to hear that he is gaining weight. Hopefully everything will be resolved soon.