Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, December 18, 2009

Holiday Cards...

Hi Logan,

This year, we finally did the cheesy thing. We sent out holiday cards with our picture on it. Yes, we did the unspeakable!

Ever since the birth of your brother, I've been wanting to do that. But I never did, thinking it was a little too cheesy to do that. Then last year, I finally wanted to do it, especially, since we have added you to our family. But then, I said, I'll wait for another year, because we didn't know when you would be out of the NICU. And by the time you were discharged, you still had your feeding tube and nasal cannula, so I canceled the thought again. I said to myself, I could do it next year when we could have a nice family picture. Year after year, I wanted to do it, but I didn't.

This year, after a minor internal struggle, I decided to finally take a family picture in front of our Christmas tree, and take that family picture. I felt guilty for doing it, because you weren't here. But then, I couldn't feel guilty every year, and kept on not doing things and not moving on, right?

Even though you're not in the picture, you're definitely in our hearts. Your spirit continues to live among us, and also in the special ornament that I purchased for you last year.


Miss you,
Mommy

2 comments:

Egg Mum said...

Haha... what's so cheesy about that? A friend of mine do the xmas photo-card thing every year, I absolutely adore it! Even kept them in my photo album year after year as a keepsake.

(But, well, personally I don't do it, coz I've stopped mailing out xmas cards some 10 years ago...)

How does yours look like? Any pics?

Cheers, Evelyn

JCS in SATX said...

I love holiday cards with family pictures! The whole family, not just the kids. It's nice to see the kids growing year after year. Of course, cards from long time friends make us feel old when we see how BIG the "kids" are getting!

We loved your picture!