Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Aidan still has a fever... but he's active as always

Day 23 - Hospital Stay
Day 18 - Intubated

Aidan stayed home today and didn't go to school. So, I was unable to head down south to be with Logan. I did check in with the doctor and the nurse to see how he's doing. They started the first rounds of the new drug yesterday and was able to decrease the ventilator rate from 20 to 12. That's the lowest they could go from now. They are going to increase the dosage and see how Logan reacts to that. Hopefully, it will be able to stimulate his central nervous system to take in bigger and more frequent breaths. The Urologist said his VCUG result was fine. He did recommend doing another X-ray from the bottom up again. The Director has placed a call to the Genetics counselor to see when the blood test results will be back. For now, everything is stable. I don't think I will be able to go down to see Logan again tomorrow, but I will surely call to check-in.

Aidan, on the other hand, still has a low-grade fever. I took him to the pediatrician today since he's been coughing and has a runny nose for two weeks. It seems like he's been getting back-to-back colds. Doctor said his lungs sound clear and it's probably viral. Nothing much to do except giving him some Tylenol or Motrin to keep the fever down. He said if the fever continues to last for 3 days at over 103 degrees, then we need to bring him back. Or, if he's coughing lasts for 3 weeks and more without getting any better, or his coughing happens mainly at night, we should take him in for another check-up.

Aidan is active as always. Once he slowed down, I could see that he's tired. Unfortunately, he only napped for an hour today and he woke up with a higher fever. I gave him some more Tylenol. His head still felt a little warm. I think I might try some Motrin later and see if it works better. Will have to keep him home again tomorrow.

1 comment:

GRASSHOPPER said...

Virginia, please give plenty of clear fluid to Aiden. I hope he will recover soon.

I'm glad that Logan is stable.
Please take care of yourself as well. Peggy @Seattle