Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Lovely lunch and Aidan

Hello Honey,

Did you get to enjoy some sun today after Mommy left? Mommy's allergies were acting up while I was there. I even took some drugs beforehand, but it didn't work very well. After I said goodbye to you, I actually sat in the car for a little longer. I didn't want to leave too early, so I sat in there, closed my windows, and took out my Ipod Touch to look at your pictures. Those pictures brought back so many memories. I've been looking at your pictures so much that it seems like you're still around. But when I looked at the final picture that I took of you when you're sleeping in the hospital, I felt sad again. You looked like a sleeping baby, so angelic, and didn't look sick at all.

After visiting you, Mommy went back to The Arc to visit some co-workers. Oh, I forgot to tell you that my dear co-workers donated to The Arbor Day Foundation and have 25 trees planted in memory of you! How cool is that! Honey, if you could live till you're 18, with some sort of developmental delay, I would want The Arc to provide services for you (assuming 18 years from now, The Arc continues to provide such excellent services with excellent people like now). I am confident that you would be in good hands, and you would have the best quality of life you could have when Mommy and Daddy are not around anymore. Mommy got to thank all her co-workers for all of their amazing support. Through this, Mommy also got to know some of them a little better, and their personal stories, which Mommy would have never found out if it's not for you. I am trying to think of all the positive things coming out of this experience. We had lunch at Don Ramon's. I love their chimichangas, and their super-fatty-lard-filled refried beans with cheese are to die for. I think my cholesterol level went up because of those beans. Noneless, it was a lovely lunch. Mommy has also decided to go back to work on July 1st.

Then Mommy went to pick-up your big brother from school and went to see the Child Psychologist for an evaluation. The psychologist played with your big brother alone for about 20-30 mins, while I waited outside. When I went back, she told me that she played with Aidan both in a little more structured way, and also a non-structured way. Your big brother was able to tell me what they did: playing with playdough and made a car, drawing a smiley face, counting, identifying body parts, making different faces of emotions. Apparently, he was able to do most of them. But the problem is his obsession. He was playing with the door, and when she wanted to redirect him to draw with crayons, he was using the crayons to do open-and-close motion. Just couldn't take his mind off that open-and-close idea. The psychologist recommended a more thorough, standardized evaluation in San Francisco. I asked her if Aidan's obsession is more of OCD instead of Autism. She said OCD usually involves some kind of anxiety, and Aidan doesn't have that. I then asked about ADHD. She replied Aidan is too young to be evaluated on that. They usually do that when kids start going to school. Right now, it's unclear if it's one of the symptoms of Autism, or he's just being a 3-year-old boy. He might grow out of it. But to get a more thorough evaluation will give us more information, and to have early intervention, if needed. I told her I would be leaving the country soon and then go back to work, so I'd like the evaluation to be completed the week after I come back from Asia. Tomorrow, we will complete the rest of the phone interview, and then she will make a referral to the ASD clinic in San Francisco. I might ask for a second opinion through the Regional Center after this evaluation. Going through Kaiser is just a little faster. I know the budget cut at GGRC will just drag the whole process, and I probably won't be able to get a hold of them before I leave. Logan, please watch over your big brother and make sure he's ok.

Speaking of your big brother, I think he really misses you. One night, he woke up from his sleep and was whining/crying. I heard him say "Baby Logan", but was unable to get much out of him. He doesn't understand what's going on and still wants to visit you in the hospital. It's so hard to hear him say that because I would have to explain to him that Baby Logan is not in the hospital anymore. Yet, he doesn't quite get it. I know he misses you.

Mommy also got to check out your brother's school pictures yesterday. The pictures were very nice and I really wanted to purchase them. However, they are super expensive. How can they charge $14.50 for ONE 4x6 picture?!?! Are you kidding me?? If I want to get a CD of all the pictures (all 34 of them), it costs $149!?!?! Geez! I know he's a fancy photographer, and the school is in Palo Alto, but still!!! I might order one or two, just because they do look very nice. Heck, I think I could take pictures like that, too! haha.. I know, Mommy is being stingy and silly.

Tomorrow will not be as busy as today. Mommy did a lot of driving today. South SF --> Palo Alto --> Los Gatos --> San Francisco --> Palo Alto --> San Bruno --> South SF. Wow! Time to pump gas again!

Take care for now, my dear guardian angel.


Miss you,
Mommy

No comments: