Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Second part of Phone Interview

Hello Sweetheart,

How are you doing? A cloudy day, not too much sun here in S. SF. I hope there's some sun in Los Gatos. Mommy did a lot of errands this morning, but stayed home in the afternoon. I got you some beautiful red carnations. I'll bring them to you tomorrow, ok? The weather forecast said it might rain tomorrow and Saturday, hopefully, it rains after I come visit you. But then with the rain, my allergies won't be as bad, and it would be a lot more comfortable for me to stay longer at your new home.

Mommy also finished the phone interview with the psychologist about your big brother. They really have a long list of questions. The two-part phone interview lasted over an hour and 15 minutes. I asked the Dr. if knowing so much details would be bad because the people evaluating your big brother would have a a preconception of what your brother is like. It's like when Mommy goes to work, and I read the intake packet of a client before meeting the client. Sometimes, it's a good thing, sometimes it's not. Not sure if it's a good thing or bad thing. The psychologist said it's their protocol to gather as much information as possible, especially, in regards to a child. I also asked her after meeting Aidan yesterday, if she had any other concerns aside from the obsession with the door. She said his attention span seemed a little short, and he seemed to keep himself busy with toys, instead of engaging in conversation or playing with her. Sometimes, he didn't immediately take directions and needed re-directions. Mommy is trying to keep an open mind about all this. Whatever the evaluation result it's going to be, I am going to think of the positives. I am hoping he would grow out of all these 'concerns', but if therapy is needed, then we'll do it. Somehow I always think he's on 3, and he should not be judged so early, especially, when he's only been in preschool for 2 months and is still getting to know the routine. Can't a boy be more interested in a toy than to talk talk talk?

Anyways, Mommy also mailed your clothes to Auntie Shelley today for the quilt. I hope I have sent enough. I still need to figure out what to do with the rest of your medical supplies, such as, feeding tubes and syringes. I think I might post on the message board and see if any other babies need them.

Well dear, Mommy will see you tomorrow. Take care and don't forget to watch over your big brother.


Love you,
Mommy

No comments: