Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Prayers... Support.... Love...


Dear Logan,

Do you know how lucky we are? We've been blessed with amazing friends. Do you know how much support and words of encouragement mommy has gotten from other mothers who have gone through what I am going through, just by reading each other's blog? This is such an amazing community. Do you know how Mommy got reconnected with old elementary friends that I haven't talked to in over 20 years, and they are also sending their love to us? I don't know how I am going to repay everyone's kindness and generosity. Mommy is really speechless. Honey, this is all because of you. Through you, I see kindness and generosity in everyone. Through you, I realize how lucky and blessed I am. Through you, I have hope that this world is a better place, because you have made me a better person.

Mommy wants to share with you a prayer that Auntie Shelley's aunt, Joan, has written for mommy. This is exactly how Mommy feels.

"Oh, God, I don't know how I can bare this pain. I miss my boy so much! Please help me, God. I'm not going to turn away from you, God. I don't understand why this happened. But I need you, God. I need to celebrate my son's beautiful little life. Thank you for entrusting me to be his mom. Being his mom was the most magnificent privilege of my life. He knows how much I love him. He brought out in me things I didn't know I had. I will never be the same. I am his mother. I love more deeply. I care more completely. He gave me these gifts. Take him in your arms, Lord, and squeeze him tight and say, "That's from your mommy and daddy." Help me to find a way to live without him. I am so glad that he is without pain and struggle. How lucky all of heaven is to have him there. I don't know how I'm going to make it through this day. I am your child, God. Do you love me half as much as I love my little boy? Will you help me? I'm not running away from you, no matter how much I don't understand. I am running to you. Please give me the grace I need make it through this day, and to celebrate Logan's life. Thank you for the gift of his life. Take good care of him. I trust that you love me, Lord. Please take care of me and my family."


Mommy's old elementary friends, Auntie Christine and Auntie Goretti, sent us "The Serenity Prayer"


Logan baby, please be all of our guardian angels and watch over our beloved friends.


Love,
Mommy



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting your letters publicly V, you are very brave! I wanted you to know that my Aunt and Uncle will walk in Logan's memory on Saturday as well. It won't be in SF, but just wanted to put the idea out there. Your family is very loved! Love-Shelley