Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Independence Day!

Dear Logan,

It's July 4th, Independence Day! We spent the day on a playdate with The Cheung's at the San Jose Children's Discovery Museum. It was a fun day, and we spent almost 5 hours there! There were so much to see and to play for your big brother. There were a few clear favorites, such as, the traffic lights, WaterWays section (playing with balls and water), elevator doors and big square blocks at the Curious George area, and more balls at the Wonder Cabinet area. Basically, he played with many balls today! You can check out the pictures to see all the fun that we had.



Mommy initially wanted to take your brother to see some fireworks at night. But we were worried that after a long day at the museum, he would be too tired to stay up late for that. We thought about attending the San Jose Giants game (Minor League Baseball) and then watch the fireworks after the game. But instead, we headed home after the museum, thinking your brother would probably fall asleep in the car. Mommy was wrong. Your brother didn't fall asleep in the car, and he didn't nap after he got home. Because he refused to nap, I didn't let him play the Wii. He ended going to bed at 8 p.m. because he was so tired.

Daddy and Mommy got to spend some quiet time tonight after your brother went to sleep early. While Mommy was watching tv in the living room, I noticed mycomputer screensaver was on in the office. I had pictures of you and your brother as my screensaver. For some reason, I was really sad when I saw your pictures. I don't know why it hit me particularly hard just now, as I've always had your pictures there. Maybe because today is supposed to be a holiday, and I know that I won't be able to celebrate any of them with you. I know Mommy would be particularly sad on Christmas, even though Christmas is my favorite holiday. Last year, you spent Christmas with us, and I was so happy that you were able to come home from the NICU in time. This year, it would just remind me that you're not here. It's going to be hard. Don't worry, Mommy is doing fine. It's just little things sadden me sometimes.


Miss you,
Mommy

No comments: