Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Missing you

Hi Sweetheart,

Mommy has been thinking about you a lot lately. The first 10 days or so after I got back to work, I was thinking more about work. But for some reason, the last few days, I can't stop thinking about you. Maybe because we just designed your "door", so everything is fresh in my mind again.

You know what, everyday when Mommy goes to work, I pass by several cemeteries when driving through Colma. It never affected me this much. But I wish you're there so that I can stop by to see you, or at least drive by and say "Hello" to you. The cemeteries at Colma are definitely a lot closer to us now than Gate of Heaven. I could see that we could actually have a big tombstone for you there, instead of a small little marker. But once we move down South, Gate of Heaven is closer to us. I guess for the next few months, it'll be far, but once we move, we can come and see you a lot more often. Besides, I think Gate of Heaven looks nicer, with lush green, grassy hills, than the ones at Colma.

You know what, I was talking to an Art Instructor here at work yesterday and I asked him if he could help me photoshop one of your pictures to take out your nasal cannula. He knows Photoshop a lot better than I do, and he said his wife is actually even more proficient at it. So today, I gave him two pictures of you and see if his wife can take out those ugly big stickies on your face, and the nasal cannula. I really want a picture of you with nothing on your face. The one picture that we had, you were probabaly 1.5 months old, and the two that I have selected, you were about 3 months old. That's also two of my favorite pictures of you.

I'll post the pictures up for you to see once they got done, ok?


Miss you,
Mommy

1 comment:

Craftyk said...

Hey Virginia, I am really good at photoshop. I had to do it a lot in college- just the sort of thing you need done. I'm sorry I didn't offer before, it never occurred to me. If the art instructor's wife isn't able to fix it, I think I could. Let me know and I would be happy to help.
On a brighter note, it was really nice to see you at lunch today.
~Kerry