Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, July 27, 2009

A Hundred Days

Dear Logan,

Last Saturday marked the 100th day of your entry to Heaven. We didn't do anything special for you aside from bringing you some flowers and singing you some songs. Did you like the songs that your brother sang to you? He actually sang you 3 songs! I think he's used to the idea that you're not in the hospital anymore. I told him you're in Heaven now. I remember reading about how to tell children of death, and that we should be concrete and not talk about angels and heaven. But, I am not sure what term I should use to refer to your new place. I don't want to introduce him to the term "cemetery". Instead, I said Heaven, because you ARE in Heaven and the name of the cemetery is Gate of Heaven.

I know Ah Gung and Ah Po had again arranged a mass for you in Macau. I didn't do that here. Instead, I sent a prayer request through St. Joseph's website and wish the kind parishioners would pray for you.

Wow, 100 days already. Sometimes it seems like you're gone for a long time, but sometimes it seems like we were just at the hospital not too long ago. It's weird.

After visiting you, Daddy, Mommy and Big brother went down to Sunnyvale. I'll tell you about our weekend in the next couple letters, ok?


Love you,
Mommy

No comments: