Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 11, 2009

We've designed your marker...

Hi Sweetheart,

After waiting for almost 3 months, Daddy and Mommy finally set-up an appointment to design your "door". We went yesterday, and the whole process took less than 30 mins. Daddy already had a design in mind, a little different than what I want. In the end, we went with simplicity. Daddy didn't like Mommy's suggestion of putting "My Beloved Little Lobster" and aimed for something simple, "My Beloved Son". I know my suggestion was a little weird and out of the ordinary, but you're my little lobster. Just want you to be different and special. Oh well... I guess with something that lasts for a long time, we shouldn't use that. We used the Mountain Black stone, which is basically black with some white dots. I believe this color endures the calcium deposits a lot better than the others. We've chosen a picture of an angel boy, sitting with a lamb, plus a cross, all on the left side of your "door". The other words were simple:

My Beloved Son
LOGAN MICHAEL
LEE
11/16/08-4/15/09

Your door is small, so we couldn't fit more words on it, especially we have the other design. We opted to NOT have your picture there. We couldn't find a satisfactory picture of you. I don't want to pick a picture when you're only 2-3 months old, when you're close to 5 months old. But your older pictures were of you in the hospital, and I couldn't pick one of you when you're on the ventilator. Your "door" will just be very simple. I wanted to add words like "Daddy, Mommy and Big Brother will always love you", but I would have to put that on the bottom, towards the edge. Not too visible, so we decided not to do that.

It's going to take another month for us to get the proof back, and then 3 more months to have it completed. The whole process will take about 4 months before you can have your "door". In the meantime, I thought of printing out a sheet of paper with my own design, laminate it and tape it on your temporary door. It looks better than the piece of wood that's there. I saw another baby having something like that.

As you have noticed, they took your pinwheels away. I especially left them there to see if they really clear the area, even if they're not flowers. I tired to place the 3 pinwheels out of the common grass area as possible, but they still took them away. Someone also took away the Yahoo ball that Daddy gave you, only leaving a ring and a rattler there. Grrr....I wonder who took that away. I saw many people put up wind chimes on the branches of a tree close by, maybe I'll do that as well. Unfortunately now that Mommy's back to work, I can't come see you every week to take the pinwheels away, and put them back after mowing days. Gotta figure out another way. I don't want them to keep taking the pinwheels away every week. Maybe I'll just put one there during special holidays, that will last a while.

We'll all come to see you again real soon, ok?


Love you,
Mommy

No comments: