Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, May 29, 2009

All is well

Dear Baby,

Mommy and big brother are recovering well from our cold. The good news is, even Ah Po is recovering well from her surgery. She's been moved back into her original room from the observation room. Now she only needs to share the room with another potential patient, instead of two, and there's a tv inside the room for her to watch her tv series finale tonight. I haven't gone up to the hospital yesterday or today because I need to make sure your big brother naps. He just won't sleep without me around. On the other hand, great grandma said that great grandpa is doing well in Guangzhou as well. He's more willing and able to take baby steps to walk and feed himself. They were having a very difficult time before in getting him to do anything. I'm glad to hear that things are getting better, both for him and everyone who takes care of him.

Your big brother sleep schedule is completely changed. He doesn't sleep until midnight or 1 a.m. every night, wakes up at around 9-9:30 a.m. He used to sleep from 9ish p.m. to 6 ish a.m. Still about 9 hours a night, plus 2 hours nap (within the recommended amount). He's having too much fun, meeting too many people, thus making him very hard to fall asleep at night. Besides, when we're home, we had dinner quite early, at around 6:30-7 p.m., but here, we don't have dinner until 8:30 p.m. or so. Thus the whole sleep routine is pushed back a few hours. But I am not too worried about his schedule when he gets back to the States. I am sure he won't be able to sleep well on the plane, and will be able to sleep well when he gets home.


Now that I spend more time with your brother, I noticed he really does have a huge obsession with cell phones, cameras, elevator buttons, escalators, and any type of doors. I am getting a little more concerned as I spend more time with him. He has a rough transition from one to another, especially if he spots an escalator or elevator. Usually, I'm able to 'reason' with him, but I wonder if this is really normal.

On the other hand, he is so smart in other areas. He's able to pick up any cell phone and get to the ringtone section. He picks up Ah Gung's cell phone, plays the music that he likes, and learns the song. He was singing "It's a big big world" just now, and also "We are the Champion". Actually, he sang himself to sleep just now. His skills in playing with different cameras and taking pictures have improved as well. And, he has a great memory. You show him once, and he'll be able to copy you.


Mommy brought your brother to meet up with some old high school friends for dinner earlier tonight. It was nice to see some old friends. Most of us are married, and also have kids. Definitely different than back in the days when I came back and we'll go drinking and karaoke. These days, mainly just dinner and maybe dessert later. I didn't take too many pictures, gotta ask Uncle Jimmy and Auntie Oli for the ones that they took.


I think my friends are still very weary in talking about you. It's possibly because they don't know how to approach the subject, or they don't want me to get too sad. I see your pictures everyday though, even your big brother, because I have your picture as the wallpaper of my Ipod Touch. Everytime we play with it, your face will be there. Still cute as a button. We will never forget you. Your big brother doesn't understand what's going on, but I know he will always remember you. Unfortunately, his memory of you seems to be those when you're at the hospital, and not when you're home. When he's older, I'll tell him all about you. You will forever be in our hearts.

Sleepy time for me. I'll tell you more about what we do tomorrow, ok?

Love you,
Mommy

No comments: