Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 17, 2009

BBQ in a hot sunny, humid day

Hello Sweetheart,

How are you today? I heard it's been a very hot weekend in the Bay Area. Up there in Los Altos must be super sunny and warm. I hope they gave you enough water there. Did you see Daddy yesterday? He said there weren't too many people.



Mommy and your big brother celebrated your little auntie's 9th birthday at a BBQ and then dinner. She shared the same birthday as your Uncle, which is May 21. It was hot and humid, and we were drenched in sweat all day. Luckily, it was a cloudy day with a breeze, if not, it would be unbearable (at least for me).


Last year when we came back, we also came here for a BBQ. But then, it was winter, so it was much more tolerable. We had so much food: chicken wings, pork chops, kalbi short ribs, cheese-filled sausages, fish, corn, yams, and different types of fish balls. Of course we had desserts and fruits, too. Your brother was too busy running around, and actually didn't eat too much. He was playing with this huge remote control car that your granduncle bought him for birthday last year. We didn't bring that home and just left it with Ah Po's. Perfect, coz he could play that again this year.


All of your aunties were running around chasing your big brother. They all babysat for him, so Mommy got a chance to relax. But then, they also spoiled him rotten with snacks, presents, and juices, even soda! Oh my! He had sodas and he liked it, of course. I had to put a stop to it because your brother was acting crazy and was getting tired. Towards the end of the BBQ, your brother acted like he was drunk and crazy. That's a sign he had to go home for his afternoon nap.

He did sleep for almost 2.5 hrs and I had to wake him up (he definitely didn't like that) to your little auntie's place for birthday cake. It was a yummy fruit and chocolate birthday cake. Your brother couldn't wait to tell us to put candles on the cake, and even blew the candles before your auntie could. Mommy also had some yummy durian. I haven't eaten that in a very, very long time. I could smell it once I got to the apartment, even if it was stored in the fridge! We then went to a restaurant for a late dinner: it was 9 p.m. then. Your brother didn't want to go inside the restaurant at first because it was too noisy. It was really very noisy and smokey. I hated the smoke when I came back to Asia. The noise and the smoke worsened my headache. I took some Ibuprofen and it still didn't help until I got out of the restaurant. Your brother didn't sleep until 11 p.m. and of course, he woke up today before 7 a.m. again. At least, he's not jetlagged anymore.

Talk to you soon.

Bye sweetie,
Mommy

No comments: