Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

High Blood Pressure

Hello Sweetheart,

Guess what, Mommy is sick. Yes, again. I don't know why I am always sick. We have so many people who went to Hong Kong together, and I am the only one that ended up sick. It seems like I get a cold all the time this year. What's up with that?? But don't you worry, it's just a minor cold. I don't have a fever, or diarrhea, or nausea. No signs of the infamous H1N1. However, Mommy's blood pressure is really high. When sitting down, the lower number is still at 100. It was this high when I was pregnant with you, and also after your birth. But six months after your birth, my blood pressure should have gotten down a little, but it didn't. So, I spent MOP$1690 today on cold and blood pressure medicine, plus two shots in the butt. Mommy hasn't had shots in the butt since I was a little girl! Though they weren't painful (2 more tomorrow), it's definitely an ouchie for my wallet. But what can I do, my feet were so swollen, and like I mentioned yesterday, it's my blood pressure. One of the shots is for mending my blood vessels and one is for lowering it. I got the English names of the medicine and shots, so that when I go back to the States, I could follow up with my doctor.

On the other hand, Ah Po's operation is suscessful. At this time of writing, she is still sleeping and hasn't woken up yet. We're waiting for her to wake up and we'll go visit her later. I saw her yesterday, and she's still very concerned about not waking up. She even mentioned about this letter that she has written, in case something happened. Mommy and your Auntie Mena immediately stopped her, as there's no way she won't wake up.

Oh wait, Ah Gung told me Ah Po is awake! Just a little groggy and in pain, but she'll be fine! See, I told you, no need to worry.

On the other hand, my laptop charger is broken. But I was able to buy another one in Macau. Luckily there's an authorized dealer close to where we live and we're able to get one. If not, what am I going to do without my laptop for the next 4 weeks? Your brother needs to watch his videos!

So much for now. Tomorrow is the Dragon Boat Festival. So tonight we're heading to your Granduncle and aunt's place for dinner. And then tomorrow, your great grandma will be in town with other granduncles and aunts, and we'll go out for a big dinner.

You take care of yourself, and don't forget to watch over all of us, esp. Ah Po.

Bye honey!

Love you,
Mommy

1 comment:

Egg Mum said...

Dear Virginia,
Please take care of yourself. You've been hardly resting since Logan left us. Maybe a busy mind kept everything sane on the outside, but it is having a toll on your body. Get off your butt when you go back to SF! Go do some exercise everyday to lower that blood pressure! (Like walking to see Logan instead of driving?) The endophines will be just as good. Stop numbing yourself with food!
Please, please take care, for the sake of Aidan & Hank.

Cheers, Evelyn