Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Wish I could have weekly massages

Hello dear,

Mommy had a lovely green tea bath and a Swedish massage today at Kabuki. I won this gift certificate two years ago at my company's holiday party, and I finally got to use it. It's just hard to get my butt up to San Francisco when I don't live there anymore. Kabuki is such a nice and relaxing place. I wish I could get weekly massages there, but then I would go bankrupt. I think when Mommy goes back to Macau, I'm going to get as many massages as I could. It's so much cheaper there, and even cheaper if I go to China. I still have another gift certificate for another spa place down on Grand Ave that I could use. Probably enough for a 30-min massage or a mani/pedi. It's actually a gift certificate that Mommy got for grandma on behalf of you and your big brother for Christmas. She didn't use up all of the amount and she gave it to me. I think I might use it the week before I go back to work.

Remember Mommy said yesterday about not wanting to get a phone call from your brother's school? Guess what, Mommy got an email from the Director yesterday. She said your big brother was having a hard time during circle time. He would sit still during activities he likes, e.g. counting, calendar and singing. But after that, he would just run around and start playing with doors again. Mommy really doesn't know if he's being a normal 3-year-old boy, or he really is on the Spectrum. I am still waiting for some forms to be sent to me, so that I can fill them out and send them back to the Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic in San Francisco, and then schedule a full evaluation for your brother when we come back from Macau. If I don't get those forms by tomorrow, I am going to call the psychologist. Gotta plan all these things before we leave.

Today I explained to your brother the note that I wrote to his teacher, saying he will not be coming to school because he's going to see his Ah Gung and Ah Po. Your brother thought about it for a moment during breakfast, and then said he didn't want to see Ah Gung and Ah Po. He prefers going to school. Aww.. I wish he continues to like school when he gets older. Sometimes, I have to threaten him that if he doesn't listen to his teachers, he cannot go to school anymore. Today, the teacher said he was doing fine during circle time, but he hit another kid. I think your brother is getting spoiled. I haven't used timeout in a while, and I think I need to start doing that again. He's just not taking me seriously sometimes. I was mad at him tonight during bath time and I told him I would not read him any books before sleep, and he would have to read himself. I think he knew I was really upset, because he didn't whine or ask me to read to him. Instead, he picked up his two favorite night time books "Maybe A Bear Ate It" and his Diego book, and read them all by himself. It was so cute seeing him reading out loud, almost reciting everything correctly. Your brother has a great memory. He didn't struggle at all after reading when I told him it's 9 p.m. and it's time for bed. I think he's really getting used to his night time routine. Now I just need him to sleep by himself without me staying in there to keep him company until he falls asleep. That's why Mommy sometimes goes to sleep so early.

Ok honey, Mommy will come see you tomorrow. I am still thinking what kind of toys I should get you that won't get soaked when they water the grass. Maybe I'll do some more shopping tomorrow.


Love you,
Mommy

1 comment:

JCS in SATX said...

I'm so glad you're treating yourself Virginia!