Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

St. Andrew will watch over you

Hello Honey,

Mommy came to see you today. Just like last week, I took the potted Chrysanthemums home since tomorrow is mowing-the-grass-Thursday. Will bring it back, plus more pretty flowers for you on Saturday. Mommy, Daddy, Grandma and big brother will come to see you. It will be the first time your brother come to your new house. I need to think of a way to explain to him why you're at your new place and not in the hospital anymore.

Today, I walked up the hill behind your new place to the statue of a saint. I never ventured past your Queen of Angels area. As I walked uphill, I noticed many markers have Korean words and names. When I reached the statue, I read the story of St. Andrew Kim Taegon. St. Andrew was the first Korean-born priest and martyr. He was beheaded when he's 25 years old, and had only been a priest for 1 year and 1 month. Interestingly enough, St. Andrew went to seminary school in Macau, and was ordained as a deacon there. He was then ordained as a priest in Shanghai. I immediately felt a connection with him. I told him that Mommy's from Macau, and asked him to watch over you. I know he will take good care of you.

Mommy also received the photobooks and blog book that I made last week. That was fast. It's amazing to see how thick my blog book is. I couldn't believe I have written this much. Uncle CC said I should write a book. I am not sure if I have the talent, patience or the time to do that. Probably my blog posts will be the extent of my writing. It's very bittersweet to receive the books today. I know it will be as bittersweet to Ah Po and Grandma when I give them the photobook.

Take care for now. We will all come to see you soon.


Miss you,
Mommy

2 comments:

Egg Mum said...

Last night I had a dream about Logan. I was on a hill, covered in green grass, and thousands of little bright lights like candles. I could feel the gentle breeze and the sound of tingling wind chimes. Its very serene and peaceful. And there, I saw the back of a little boy who is chatting/babbling happily to another person.

I woke up and right away I sensed that he was Logan.

If this wonderful place is merely a fragment of my imagination, then heaven must be a million times better tan this.

The Lord watches over all of us. Virginia please recover soon and take good care of yourself.

Cheers, Evelyn

Anonymous said...

V, what blog book company did you use? I was trying to use a certain site, but it sucked.-Shelley