Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

We survived the long flight!

Hello Sweetheart,

How are you? Mommy is doing well. I survived the long flight with your brother. Your brother was so tired that he fell asleep even before the plane took off. Well, our flight was at 1 a.m., and once he got on the plane, he fell asleep. He slept for an hour or two, woke up had a meal and then went back to sleep for another hour or so. That's all he slept during our flights. He was getting cranky and tired towards the end of the first long leg to Taipei. Then he got a little out of control at the airport, but made it safe to Macau. I think he adjusted to the time change and wasn't as jetlagged as he was last time. He just fell asleep for his afternoon nap. We'll be heading to Guangzhou later this evening to visit your great grandparents.

The weather here is so hot and humid. It's actually very nasty. Yesterday when we arrived, it was even worse. Took a shower and then I felt all sticky again. I thought May would be nicer than this. I can't even imagine how hot it's going to be in August. I know when we move to Sunnyvale, it's going to be hot as well, but at least it's not humid.

Ah Gung and Ah Po went to the hospital for Ah Po's check-up before the surgery at the end of the month. Ah Po seems to be doing well. I think your big brother being here really helped with everyone. Unknowingly, your big brother has become our rock: he has played a significant role in making sure we move on after you left. Everybody still misses you, and it seems hard to even talk about your passing, but I think we all hold up pretty well. Ah Gung and Ah Po printed out a picture of you, the one when Ah Po held you after your bath and we temporarily took your nasal cannula off. You were probably just 1.5-2 months old then. That was a really cute picture of you. You looked healthy and alert. I know it's sad for Ah Gung and Ah Po not seeing you when you went to heaven. However, in a way, I think it's good, because they have all the happy memories with you when you're home with us. They didn't have to see you at the hospital when you were intubated, and not being able to be held by anyone. I think it would be a lot harder for them.

Don't worry, sweetheart. We are all well. We miss you, but we're doing fine. I won't be able to talk to you for the next couple days when I am in China. We'll be back to Macau on Saturday afternoon and then attend a special mass for you. Mommy's favorite priest from Macau will be presiding over the mass at Mommy's hometown church. I've had many great memories singing in the choir when I was young.

Take care for now. Daddy will come see you on Saturday to wish you Happy 6-month old. Friday also marked the day that you're in heaven for a month. Time sure has gone by fast.


Love you,
Mommy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading your blog. Actually that's the only blog I follow. I love how you always express your feelings the way it is, nothing more, nothing less.

Have fun in Macao.

Kyle