Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 4, 2009

7 weeks x 7 days = 49 days

Dear Logan,

Mommy, big brother, Ah Gung, Ah Po and Auntie Mena all got up early this morning to go to the 7:30 a.m. mass in remembrance of your passing. According to Chinese tradition, this is the "end of 7", 7 weeks after you left. Remember when you were gone for a week, Ah Gung and Ah Po, also held a mass for you in Macau? That's the day you were buried as well. Aside from Church, today's a normal day for us. I actually took pictures of your picture and frame, candle and flowers, and wanted to post that up, but I couldn't find my memory card reader. I'll do that later.


Today also marked the 20th anniversary of the TianAnMen Square Massacre of 1989. The younger generation probably doesn't remember or know what's going on. Mommy was young then, but still remember what a big day it was. Mommy and classmates all participated in the demonstrations and protests of the event. Looking at pictures, reading stories, and listening to songs, brought back a lot of memories. I didn't attend any vigils, instead, I went out for some bubble tea with friends. It's nice to have some quiet chitchat with a few friends, and I've missed that.



Mommy forgot to tell you yesterday that I took your brother to see a doctor, as he still has a runny nose. He didn't have a fever, but got two shots and some bitter medicine. He also breathe in some vaporized medicine. I believe the doctor said his "lam ba", i think his glands in the mouth, are a little swollen. He was coughing at night, too. He went back to the doctor today and got two more shots. He only cried when the needles went in, otherwise, he's a tough little cookie. He's always been tough with needles. I told him I was so proud of him. I've noticed that he didn't cough as much last night. He still has a runny nose, but was definitely better than yesterday. Your brother took the medicine well yesterday (he's always liked medicine as they're sweet, but not this time). He's been less willing to take the medicine today.



Mommy, on the other hand, is feeling a lot better. My runny nose is gone, but I still have some mucous in my throat, and my cough still sounds coarse. But it's a lot better than before. I guess injections really do work much better and faster than medicine. I've just spent a lot of money on these injections and medicine between your brother and I.

Ah Po is recovering well. We took her out today for a little walk. She still walks slow but at least her face didn't turn pale. We went out for breakfast, to the playground, and to Macau Tower. Ah Po is well enough to scold us, so I think she's doing fine.

I hope you're doing just as well. Actually, I know you are. Mommy heard some not-so-good news today about a pregnant friend's baby today. Can you pray and keep an eye on that little one and his/her family? Thanks!

Time to sleep now. I didn't sleep much last night. Insomnia kicked in, and I had to wake up early today. I was thinking about you quite a bit last night, reviewing the images in my head on the day you left us. I had to force myself not to think, so that I could sleep.

Goodnight, honey.


Love you,
Mommy

No comments: