Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

What a Mom will do for a Sale!

Hello Sweetheart,


Today is a day of shopping and food. Mommy was going to get up early today and head over to New Yaohan department store for their VIP sale day. Of course, I didn't really get up early. I don't think 9:45 a.m. is considered early anyways. At first I thought I would leave your brother home with Ah Gung and Ah Po, and then I would brave the crowd to buy some bedding for your brother. We ended up all going together, during lunchtime when billions of people were there. I heard there were 30 people waiting in line at 8 a.m., when the store doesn't open until 10:30 a.m. There were so many people in there, and I felt like I was shopping on the busiest floor. It definitely reminded me of Black Friday sales. However, Black Friday craziness started a lot earlier, but also ended a lot earlier. We actually went back to the department store after dinner, and there were still a lot of people in there at 9 p.m.


The crazy crowd pushing and shoving

Mommy waiting in line to pay (Ah Gung brought me a snackie)!

So, when we got there, of course someone had to entertain your brother. Everytime we go to Yaohan, he kills time by going up and down the escalator. Even though there were a lot of people, it didn't stop him from doing that. However, when we first got there, Ah Gung was parking, and Mommy, Ah Po and your brother headed over to the Disney bedding section. Your poor brother was scared of the crowd, and I think he was definitely overwhelmed. He wanted me to hold him, while I was fighting with lots of people. I wanted to get a set of pillow cases/comforter/sheet of the movie CARS for your brother, but the Twin size sets were all sold out. I could get a raincheck but it won't be available for another 2 weeks. I would be gone by then, and it's not cheap anymore if I have to have it mailed to us. So, I got your brother a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse set (MOP$288) instead, but I got him another set of pillow cases/sheet of CARS (MOP$139).


The worst part was I had to wait in line for an hour to pay for the merchandise. Then with my receipt, I went back to pick up the stuff. Luckily, they had sufficient a/c on, if not, you know your mommy would just drench in sweat. While I was waiting in line, Ah Gung and Ah Po took your brother to the supermarket level and waited. The supermarket was packed as well, and you had to wait in line to get in. It was total craziness! Luckily, Ah Po was able to find a seat and could sit and wait for me.

At night, we went to this tiny, pretty unknown Portuguese restaurant in Taipa. They have pretty authentic Portuguese food. We ordered similar food as last time when we were at A Lorcha. We had a mixed salad, cabbage and mashed potato soup with Portugese sausages, Lamb Chops, Stir Fried Bacalhau with eggs and onions, and the Seafood rice. The mixed salad was the best salad I've ever had in Macau. I liked the Bacalhau the best, with just the right combination of all ingredients. A lot of places use too much eggs, and don't give you enough fish. This one is perfect! The soup for some reason tasted a little sour to me. The lamb chops were average, and the seafood rice was just as good as A Lorcha.


We ended our dinner with some McD ice-cream for your brother. I spotted a Haagan-daz next to Mc. D, so Ah Gung and I got some expensive ice-cream there instead. Then it's time to pick up Auntie Mena from school. We headed over to the department store again. Ah Gung and Ah Po bought two suitcases. It was a pretty good deal. I believe it was MOP$569 for one 20" and one 26". They got a raincheck and will pick up the merchandise later. Auntie Mena really wanted to buy a Mickey Mouse suitcase. She was THIS close to buying. If Ah Gung and Ah Po weren't there, I think she would have bought it. But Ah Po was really tired, so we left instead. Besides, your brother was so tired, he wasn't listening and was running around. He came home, took a shower and immediately went to bed.

It's been too much excitement. Tomorrow will be another calmer day before the weekend festivities start! I think Mommy will definitely sleep in again tomorrow, unless your brother decides to jump on me again. He likes to abuse me when I am sleeping.

Mommy will talk to you some more tomorrow. Take care, honey.

Love you,

Mommy

No comments: