Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Windmills and Good Friends - Happy 7 months old!

Dear Logan,

Mommy didn't get home till 3:30 a.m. this morning, so I was too tired to blog afterwards. Mommy went over to my friends' house to chat. Remember the auntie and uncle I told you about that were expecting amniocentesis results for their baby? I finally got to chat with them. I stayed at their house until 2 a.m. and then when uncle drove me home, we chatted a little more in the car.

Of course, we talked about you. I shared with them my your story and they shared with me their story. They were so strong, and I am so happy that they kind of know what they would do. I might choose to do the same option, if I were them. If they don't hear from the doctor within the next few days, or next week, then everything would be fine. Then, we would be be able to let out a HUGE sigh of relief, and they would be able to enjoy the rest of the pregnancy. After this "big test" from God, all the future pain from contractions would be nothing. Uncle and Auntie have gone through a lot in their lives. Auntie has mentioned that it seems like all that she has gone through, her parents' illnesses and deaths, were to prepare her for this big test. They both have strong faith in God, that whatever happened, it's God's will. I also shared that, without you, my dear Logan, Mommy would not have discovered the love that everyone showed us. Everything happened for a reason.

We also shared stories of when we were in Hawaii for college. Those were the good old days. They shared some secrets that I never knew, even though I've lived with them. Of course, we also shared some gossip about others. It was nice to end the night on a lighter note. I am happy that uncle and auntie treated me as good friends, and shared such intimate moments of their lives with me. I don't see these friends often, but when we do meet up, it just feels like we're back in our good old college days. Life back then was so much more simple. We were young and naive.

Oh honey, you're 8 months old today! You know what, Mommy has been trying to find you some windmills that I saw at your 'nearby neighbor' house'. I wanted to get you some and I thought, Macau would be a good place to get them. Mommy and Ah Gung, esp. Ah Gung, went to many stores and couldn't find them. Then yesterday, when we're browsing at the supermarket at Yaohan, and your brother was happily riding in the shopping cart-car, we turned a corner and I spotted these lovely ones at the top of the shelves. I've been to this supermarket many, many times, and I have never seen them. But yesterday, at your 2-month passing, I spotted them at the most unlikely place. Mommy was so happy!



Then, just now, Ah Gung brought home these even more lovely ones, right on your 7-month birthday. Granduncle #7 saw these and bought them for you. Ah Gung showed me to make sure these are the ones that I am looking for (I told them I don't want the ugly red ones). Sure enough, these are the ones, and Ah Gung called Granduncle #7 to buy 6 more.



The trouble we have gone through to get these! But I saw these and I thought they would look lovely at your house. They are plastic and sould last in the rain and sun. Such great timing!

Mommy will be home in a few days, and I'll bring them to your new house, ok? Gotta go now, take care honey.


Love you,
Mommy

No comments: