Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 7, 2009

What a busy day!

Hello Logan,

Mommy had such a busy day today, with tons of walking exercise! Mommy's day started off with a 9:30 a.m. Chinese mass across the street. I missed the English mass yesterday, so we all went to the Sunday mass today. It was packed! Thank goodness for air-conditioning, if not, it would be unbearable (at least for me). After that, we all headed to a restaurant for some dim sum, as Grandaunt and uncle #6 are heading back to Guangzhou today. After dim sum, your big brother went to "Bunny Playground", which was the arcade he went to before, for some fun with auntie and grandaunt #7, Ah Gung and Ah Po. Mommy, on the other hand, went shopping with Auntie Mena.



Mommy and Auntie Mena headed to Wynn Hotel. Auntie Mena wanted to check out some expensive, name-brand purses and wallets. Now that she's out in the workforce, she needed at least one brand-name wallet or purse. Most of her co-workers have one, e.g. LV, Gucci, Prada and Burberry. When we're at Gucci, we had to wait in line to get inside! Incredible! They're monitoring the flow of people as to 'better serve' their customers during peak hours. Auntie Mena spotted a very nice wallet at Gucci and was contemplating whether to get it for her birthday (with subsidies from me and Ah Gung/Ah Po). Mommy checked out the "Fortune Tree" at Wynn. It wasn't anything spectacular. Just a multi-colored tree, coming up from the ground.



After Wynn, we went to The Venetian and The Shoppes at The Four Seasons. We were walking really, really fast, and only went into selected stores to check out their stuff. Mommy actually had to meet up with other friends for a playdate with your brother, and I was running REALLY late. Auntie didn't buy anything, but Mommy, on the other hand, bought myself a birthday present! I went into Agnes B and bought myself a purse/work purse. I didn't get a chance to take a picture of it. It's purple, and big enough for me to use it as a diaper bag, or for work. It's not cheap, yet not super expensive either. I've never heard of Agnes B until I joined a tour to Japan last year. For some reason, Hong Kong shoppers were obsessed with this brand and they were very excited to find the store in Japan. For the longest time, I thought this was a Japanese brand, until today when I wiki it, it's actually French. Doh! So dumb! I figured I shouldn't buy anything American here, so European or Japanese (as I thought it was) would be a better deal.



After shopping, we hurried back home to pick up Aidan for our playdate. It was super late then. I am embarrassed to tell you that we were 1.5 hours late. Ouch! Sorry! It's shopping and traffic's fault. By the time we got to Hac Sa Beach, my friends were almost ready to go home. They've already been to the playground, beach and now we're going back to the playground. My friend brought a Winnie The Pooh Bubble machine. It was a great hit with all the kids there. It held Aidan's attention for a little while, and then he lost interests and started "exploring" the area. I guess because he couldn't press any button, or blow anything, the sheer joy of popping bubbles wasn't enough. We explored the area for a little while and then found this fantastic area for him to drive again.



By now, you should know how much your brother loves to drive. For MOP$5 (divide that by 8 for US$), he got to ride it for 15 minutes. We waited for 15 minutes for his turn, and then he got his RED motorcycle. I knew once is not enough for him, so I bought another ticket for him to play again. I couldn't believe my baby has grown so much. He didn't even need my help to navigate anymore. Such a bittersweet moment. Just like his previous driving, he stopped at all the traffic lights and waited for the light to turn Green. In the beginning, he stopped for so long that he was blocking traffic and was run over by other kids. Then, I think he started pointing to the lights and said "Green, Yellow, Red, Red, Yellow, Green", and then started moving. I was sitting away, so I couldn't hear exactly what he said, but with his finger pointing up and down, I think that's what he said. That was a lot quicker than his previous stops. At the end of the day, he was confident enough to even stand up. Today's weather was perfect for such a fun day.



He fell asleep on our ride home. I was hoping he would nap in the afternoon, while I was shopping, but no such luck. I carried him home and let him nap for a little longer before waking him up for dinner. He just fell asleep, close to midnight again. Tomorrow is going to be another fun day. We're doing Family Karaoke! Stay tuned!


Love you,
Mommy

1 comment:

Egg Mum said...

Haha... you recent blog entries are so funny! And why do Asians like to spend $$ on cellphones & brand bags, i have no idea, but my mum & in-laws are the same. Give them cellphones & bags for presents and they will love it.

1.5 hour late in Macau, is that possible? Macau is soooo small you can walk around the entire island by foot, can't you? Or has Wynn/Venetian/etc blocked up the traffic so badly? I have got to see it to believe it.

Hope you have even more fun in the next 2 weeks!! Aidan is so happy, so alive! All the sugary drinks & french fries oil have been keeping him well. Heehee!!

Cheers, Evelyn