Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Baby news!

Hello Baby,


Mommy got an email from an auntie (anonymous for now) that she's expecting twins! Mommy is soooo happy for auntie and uncle. Last time, they tried for years and with a lot of hard work to be able to conceive. This time around, it is so much faster. It's also very sweet of auntie to email me before I find out the news on Facebook! She is 4 months pregnant now and is already showing. She knows that friends will find out in a few days when she attends a bbq, and words will surely spread. She doesn't know the sex of the babies until next month. Let's hope one of the twins is a baby girl. Ohh..the pretty, pink, adorable girls clothes!

On the other hand, one of mommy's other friend received some bad news about her baby. She received news that her baby has 1/60th chance of having Down Syndrome. She will have to go through the aminiotic fluid test for further information, and I have a pretty good idea how she's feeling at the moment. It must be like the news I received when I knew you might have a Mitochondrial Disease: not as shocking, but definitely shocking. She will definitely need to think and communicate with her husband whether to keep the baby, and the realities of having a baby with a disorder.

I remember when I was pregnant with you, I told my Ob/Gyn that I didn't need to do the amniotic fluid test, because even if you have a disability, I will never abort you. That was a very emotional decision, and I never really had a heart-to-heart conversation with Daddy beforehand. I know Daddy will support my decision, whatever it is. Working with people with Down Syndrome, I know that life would not be easy, but it could be fulfilling and full of love. That's why I don't hesitate with that decision. When I knew of your diagnosis, do you know how much I wish you had Down Syndrome? How much I wish all you have was Epilepsy, or any developemental disability? Any of those was a much better diagnosis than Leigh's Disease.

Everytime I hear of a baby news, I thought of you. And I am so sad to hear about my friend's news. I've been praying for her baby ever since I heard the news. I wish every baby would be born healthy. I wish none of my friends, or anyone, to have to go through what I have. Logan, will you be so kind to watch over all these babies? Make sure they are born healthy and strong?

When Mommy goes back home, I will have a baby shower to attend. I am sure I will think of you as well, especially, when I see all the cute baby clothes that they will be receiving. It will be bittersweet. I am happy for them, but I am sad for me. I still browse through baby products once in a while, both online and at stores. Shopping for their babies is a mother's ultimate joy.

Mommy's birthday is coming up. And a day after that, marks the day you left us for 2 months. And a day after that, you would have been 7 months old. From now on, June 14, 15, and 16 would never be the same to me anymore.


Miss you,
Mommy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amniocentesis done yesterday. Doctor said it's not Down Syndrome, it's actually Edwards Syndrome. Even worse.

Virginia said...

This is horrible. Just horrible :(